Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Devastsating News Just Now

SO sorry for your daughter and her friend and her family.

I just clicked on our local news site and the news is getting worse. Two men are being arrested for moving the poor gir's body and dumping her and hiding her under a bush. I just texted my daughter to warn her about the story and that it is very upsetting but wanted her to be prepared so she didn't just run across it by happenstance. There are a lot of unanswered questions at this point but my guess is that she OD'd in the company of these men (dealers?) and they freaked out and tried to get rid of the evidence. So horribly tragic. I haven't heard from my daughter since this morning, as far as I know she is at work.

Oh SiouzQ that's just terrible. But I'm glad you saw the story first and were able to warn your daughter as this is probably very difficult for her. Sending you and your daughter positive vibes.
    The brain is wider than the sky. -- Emily Dickinson

What a tragedy for everyone involved. You and your daughter are in my thoughts.

This is horrible.. I'm so sorry, SQ.

I have tons of addiction in my family, but heroin is so frightening to me. It seems so unforgiving. I pray for both you and your daughter.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Prayers for everyone involved.

Al-anon is a great place for you to be, you can't do anything about this or fix your daughter. You can pray that this will help her realize that she is on the right path.

My daughter seems to be doing pretty good through this tough time; she went to her friend's memorial service on Wednesday and grieved with the girl's family and friends, spoke loving words about her friend and how much she meant to her, went to a special dinner, and ended the day at an AA meeting. As she said to me, the only way through it is to go through it and cry and feel and accept.

I am doing okay too, though I find myself thinking a lot about this family and what they are going through. The Al-Anon meeting I went to the other day was good; I found myself finally making a connection about something I have been going through the past few years and how it is most likely the by-product of being a mom to a kid who was addicted to drugs and mayhem. I think I may be ready to deal with some of this stuff.

There was a beautiful rainbow the evening of this girl's memorial service and I can't help but think that she is up there somewhere in a better placer, maybe finally at peace. As much hurt her parents are feeling, at least they now know where she is; I can't help but think that there is a peace of mind for them too. It's finally over for them.

Thread Information