Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: August 100 items

August 100 items

August is a great month to declutter so I thought I'd start another one of the 100 items challenges. I cleaned out two kitchen cabinets this afternoon and even though I swear I don't have plastic storage containers I found 4 to put in the box. I think my husband brings them home from work because I only keep glass containers. 3 waterbottles that none of us like (too difficult to squeeze the water out of) and 2 pots that my mom brought to me recently because they match my copper bottom revere pots but these don't have lids (and I have a hang up about each pot must have it's own lid that fits). The revere I added to the flea market booth today along with some glass salad bowls (also something my mom added to my kitchen).

So I'm at 11 for today.

I'll get my flea market July statement on the 10th so I'll be able to report on how my July sales were. I've also started going through my summer clothes. I figure by this point in the summer, if I haven't worn it.....I won't. I'm actually getting anxious to go through my fall and winter things. I've lost weight this summer and I think I'll end up with a lot to donate or consign.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I'm in for this month, too. I just changed jobs so I have a lot of teaching files I definitely don't need, and we are having Circulation Day at church on the 16th- extra motivation to do a run-through of the whole place.

I'm going to join you as well : I am battling moths and have already thrown away about 20 or so items (moth eaten shoes, cat toys and pieces of fabric). I have also gotten rid of some magazines (they don't eat paper but they seem to lay their eggs on the edges

As decluttering coaches, these creatures have been doing a great job so far!

For any item I own, I now think "is this worth the upkeep, the constant cleaning, dusting and attention it requires?"? Moreover, while conducting the giant spring cleaning/decluttering operation, I have found some lovely treasures I'd forgotten about, buried under the junk... I have to find out how much "stuff" I can deal with... I had definitely gone overboard, owning too much and not taking care of what I had.

I'm in. Even though I've been decluttering since mid June I'm not out of the woods yet, should be simple to find another 100 items this month.

Thanks for joining in ladies. I always enjoy our 100 item challenges. I think I did 8 months last year, it amazes me how much we continue to find. I remember moving into this house in January of '93. We only made 3 trips with 2 small trucks and 1 car from the little house we had rented for 2 years.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I will not likely make it to 100 but I will try. I want to pare down my flip flops. I don't have millions but just enough crappy pairs that I don't like wearing. They are dirty, too, so not sure if they are even suitable for giving away.

Today a woman came and bought 3 outfits from me, so total of 3 for the month.

I also have a goal to get my cloth diapers listed for sale. They are all in a mess in the baby's room and I need to make some money back - I overbought cloth dipes.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

I did some weeding out of papers a few weeks back, but I need to pull all my cold weather items out and see what purchases I might need to make and what items are too worn out for another winter.

Sewing drawer items: length of pink lace, shoelaces, mending kit, packet of goggly eyes, incomplete cross stitch, buttons and beads, pin cushion, tin of picture hooks, laundry pencil and roll of name tags.

Let's call that 10, I threw away some other rubbish too.

Okay, I'm in for 100 as well -- I need a good decluttering challenge!
    The brain is wider than the sky. -- Emily Dickinson

3 - pairs of very worn-out summer sandals into the trash
    1 - pair decent shoes- I've worn twice and they're just not comfortable- Donate box
    1- lid I've never used in the 6 years I've had it, but it falls out of the cupboard Every Time I take a pot out! also into the Donate box
    5- inches of professional/personnel records, organized and consolidated into one file (yes, I need to keep them, as evidenced by this recent job change and needing to find things that were in there)

Subtotal: 10

Thread Information