Thread: Perfect dog, perfect family

Perfect dog, perfect family

Seldom do things go perfectly, and this is not a done deal, but we've had the perfect dog in rescue for the past 4 weeks and now I think he's heading into the perfect home. His name is "Ralphy," isn't that funny? Not Ralph but Ralphy. Anyway, Ralphy is such a nice dog that we have nicknamed him Happy Goodboy.

He does not get up on furniture
    He sits, and gives paw
    He LOVES our bossy Frenchie and he plays with her--gently--all the time
    He does not get mad at her when she loses her temper and bites him

Today we went to a bulldog Meet Up and a woman there, with another bulldog, was looking for a 2nd dog. She met Ralphy and has decided to adopt him. I liked her, her grown children, and especailly her adorable fat sassy female bulldog. The dogs liked each other. I think it will go well.

I always enjoy your reports about dog adoptions and this is an especially nice one. Hope that it goes well.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

We adoped a "perfect" dog almost 2 years ago. He's a 7-year-old golden retriever named Shay. I still marvel at how sweet and calm he is. He gets along very well with our pit bull. We adopted two mainecoon kittens in December and he mothers them. So cute! I do love that dog a lot!

"Perfect family" ......ha ha ha ha......

Sorry....pragmatist to the core.....
    author of A Holy Errand

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn View Post
    "Perfect family" ......ha ha ha ha......

Sorry....pragmatist to the core.....
    well, perfect for him. Actually I think she's a single woman because she didn't mention a husband. Both of her grown children came to this event and they are fully adult with homes and dogs of their own. There's a lot of support here for him. There are no small children in the picture though I suppose that could change given the ages of her children. That would immediately remove them from my definition of "perfect"

If I had a photo of the fat little beast who will be his sister, you could not argue with her perfection!

Hey--I saw this story arc on Pit Boss, with a pet psychic thrown into the mix. Here's hoping for the happiest of endings.

In related news, I browsed Petfinder.com for a bit today. Lots of needy animals out there waiting...

Thanks for sharing! I admire your dedication to fostering dogs. I'm so glad this sweet boy found his perfect forever home. I love a happy ending! :-)

Mrs-M
    That's great news Iris! So nice to hear.

Thread Information