Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How About Those "Rotisserie Chickens"?

I am an idiot. every time I do this I regret it. I blame this thread.

I bought a rot chicken today. It is so salty, blech.
    Haha, the last time we had this thread, it kept tempting me, and I bought rotiserrie style chicken breasts. They were ok. But I don't really like poultry generally. So no I haven't got rotisserie anything since the last time a thread about it was around.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    LOL Spartana! It might not be too bad if you slice the extra firm real thin and fry it and then add the BBQ. DD knows all those tricks.......but I don't.......so you might not want to listen to my suggestion. haha
    I was thinking of actually trying to "smoke" tofu (um... not like that evil weed - I did not inhale - but like you smoke fish) and actually found a bunch of recipes online. Sounds like work but not too bad. Might try it on my little hibachi BBQ

LOL again. Smoking it might be a little gooey? sticky? clogging?
    I'll ask DD if she's done anything like that. She's made a fair amount of tofu dishes.
    I thought I'd try marinated tofu in our usually beef broccoli stir fry. I'm afraid it was NOT a success. (couldn't find an emoticon for gagging....hahaha)

We put tofu on a stick last weekend when we grilled kabobs. One of our friends over for dinner is vegetarian.
    It didn't work. don't try it. It fell apart and melted, sort of.

I am sitting here, visualizing an eclectic concept in fast food for urban markets. First, I set about acquiring choice corners in busy commercial areas--- those that are already occupied by an independently-owned small business, that really has something to offer. After paying a premium for the land and terminating the lease on the existing buildings, I will raze them, and build a building that integrates the features of both a restaurant and a drive-in bank branch, with multiple lanes in the drive through, with a thick glass tellers window with a drawer that opens. Plus, a driveway menu board, that has a plastic or cash automated payment feature--like those check stands at WalMart. You then order by speaker, and the "canned" voices interact with you to verify your order. The sole menu item will be Rotisserie chicken, sold only through our drive-up, but with variations---KC-Style, St Louis Style, Chicago Style; New Orleans Style; Philadelphia Style, New York Style, etc. All the same, with slight variations in the barbeque sauce. Just a Gimmick. See? THey will be already prepared inside by people with whom the customer has absolutely no contact. The "voice" on the speaker will tell you to pull ahead to the window that has a whole bunch of rotisserie chickens on display that are ready to go, and a robotic system will lower your order to the drawer, and open when you drive up. See how easy that is? You won't have to talk to anyone, or get out of your car--just swipe your card, place your order loud enough so the machine can pick it up, and pull ahead for your Ro-Chik. Hope you will give it a try. One other thing--the buildings will be brick, with heavy steel entry doors, with thick glass and heavy locks. This will cut down on incidents involving disgruntled customers or ex-employees. They will have an online website available to them, to try and resolve any issues they may have with Ro-Chik Stores, International.
    Last edited by Packy; 8-22-14 at 11:57am.

That's not a bad idea Packy. Kind of reminds me of a drive-thru version of those old style cafeterias (from the ?? ...'40's? '50's?) called automates I think where there were no workers up front at all and you just rotated a big glasses case full of food in individual slots. Picked what you wanted and just opened the little door to get at it. Workers in the back continuously made new food to put in the slots. Then there's the sushi version - a little conveyer belt that goes round and round and you just grab what you want as it passes by. Tapas Bars do that too and you just pay for the number of plates you had when you leave. Automations at it's finest!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    We put tofu on a stick last weekend when we grilled kabobs. One of our friends over for dinner is vegetarian.
    But ... but... there are beautiful pictures on the internet of tofu-on-a-stick and barbequed. Of course with my cooking skills (or lack there of) I'll end up with mashed tofu anyways - I always do :-)!

Yes, Spartana--that's it! All those slots-- with a Rotisserie Chicken behind each one.
    Last edited by Packy; 8-22-14 at 5:38am.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Here's a scenario for you: One of these days, your Vegetarian Friend will repay the favor by inviting you kids over for lots of really good wine and to grill the steaks you bring, while they grill tofu--the right way. You'll have your big, thick, juicy lockered-beef steaks on there, almost done, and be sitting around enjoying a glass of wine or two, and along comes their family dog, who grabs the steaks and takes off with them. When you catch up with Fido, he's got them partly chewed and a little dirty. But not bad. You then have a choice--grab the steaks away from the dog, wash 'em off & eat with lots of A-1 sauce; or, should you take your friend up on their kind offer to share the Grilled Tofu with you? After all, they have more than enough. What do you do in that case?

I avoid all the various problems with tofu, by using meat instead. Problems solved.

Thread Information