Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: doing stuff in your neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    My recommendation is to get a large guard dog breed, that intimidates people. Then, they will mind their own business and leave you alone.
    Explaining my lifelong love of Dobermans...

Quote Originally Posted by ctg492 View Post
    Does it matter that threads are old? My old memory not as good and I re read to see if I responded.
    The site forum software can tell you that:

[IMG][/IMG]

When there's a green circle with an arrow in it, you've responded to that topic at least once.

Boldface indicates a topic with posts you haven't read; the blue dot with triangles in it can be clicked to bring you to the first message you haven't yet seen; and the gray envelopes indicate topics with nothing new since your last visit.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

We have been going through a tough time for about two years and I have been the recipient from friendly neighbors of some dropped-off meals, a free lawn mow (and I have a BIG lawn), some snow shoveling, a place to stay for 4 days right before Christmas when there were safety concerns about staying at home, help evaluating some problems with my 100+ year old house, and also just generally some offers of "Call me if you ever need anything." Very nice. Although, I feel odd receiving help as opposed to giving help.

I have not so much been in a position lately to help out others as much as I usually like to, but I still put out a "FREE" box now and then, mostly with outgrown kids' clothes, that always get snapped up. I contribute to the local charity that helps neighbors in our small community who can't afford heat in the winter. At one point before my own drama really hit the fan, we actually took in a local boy who was in transition into foster care, for about two weeks. Many homes here are second homes and I have several times called the police to report alarms (seemingly fire or burglar) going off in unoccupied houses. I really feel good when I can do something to help a neighbor.

Thanks you Steve!
    I can't believe I never noticed that before!

I'm in a new neighborhood - I like the sound of the gin and tonic parties! (though I don't really drink...)
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Thread Information