Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990

Thread: Iris lilies, how are things in your hood?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Today I drove through the area of the city that's being targeted for protests today. It's about 2 miles from me (it's not Ferguson!) It's where another black teen was shot by a policeman a few weeks after Mike Brown incident.

This is a great business district full of international restaurants. Many of them were proactively boarding up their windows, expecting violence tonight. It was actually a very amazing, and fun sight to see lots of young people out. They were all painting "OPEN" in big letters and were adding artistic decorations to the plywood. One of the signs at the notoriously hippie South City Diner said "Why? Because we Need Our Jobs!" Things looked good all along the 4 -5 blocks area, lots of positive, cheerful cooperative work going on there.

It is unlike Ferguson, 15 miles away, where buildings have been torched and ruined. Ferguson is pretty much toast, and there's more to come tonight.
    It sounds as if unrest has not spread thoughout St. Louis and I'm guessing you must have felt somewhat safe if you drove around in your car - glad to hear this and glad that you are safe. We often disagree but that doesn't mean that I don't support your right to have views that oppose mine. I wish you continued safety and peace in your area. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    It sounds as if unrest has not spread thoughout St. Louis and I'm guessing you must have felt somewhat safe if you drove around in your car - glad to hear this and glad that you are safe. We often disagree but that doesn't mean that I don't support your right to have views that oppose mine. I wish you continued safety and peace in your area. Rob
    Thanks Rob! It is not unsafe. The motherf**king media makes St. Louis sound like a war zone and they are complete idiots for doing so. Things are fine here, perfectly fine in 99.9% of St. Louis. At night is when the badnicks come out, so I don't know what will happen then. But people with common sense stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Thanks Rob! It is not unsafe. The motherf**king media makes St. Louis sound like a war zone and they are complete idiots for doing so. Things are fine here, perfectly fine in 99.9% of St. Louis. At night is when the badnicks come out, so I don't know what will happen then. But people with common sense stay home.
    Yeah, but: What about the recent incident that happened at your neighborhood bistro, 11-11? Is it ok to be robbed when you are just trying to have an expensive meal, for something to do? Not trying to be snarky, here.

Thread Information