Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying new appliances is driving me insane

Well, I made the decision to go with a plain old agitator Kenmore toploading washer and electric dryer, a Bosch-made Kenmore dishwasher with the better quality racks, a Kenmore induction stove and a top freezer 18.5 cu ft Kenmore fridge. I will pick up a over the range microwave, probably a Panasonic nearer my moving date. Thanks for all the advice. It really helped!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

razz, That's good news. I love my old Kenmore washer and dryer. I've had them since 1998, and they were probably at least five years old when I bought them. I don't use my dryer...just the clothesline.
    Last edited by awakenedsoul; 8-20-14 at 8:27pm.

Quote Originally Posted by awakenedsoul View Post
    I also have another old Kenmore washer from that time. It's in my shed. When this one dies, I can just use that one. They were built to last!
    Not to be "that guy", awakenedsoul, but you will want to give that washer a good look-over before you put it into service. While it's true that washers can last for years (some for decades), rubber (and there's a lot of it in a washer) ages, especially in atmospheres which are less controlled than inside a house. Then there's the matter of, umm, guests using the washer as a home or a source of building materials. Have you taken any steps to ward off the "squatters"?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information