Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Stick Blender

My New Stick Blender

Just throwing this out here since I'm notorious for complaining about crappy, doddering and generally useless appliances: I got a stick blender from Oster and I LOVE it, it's incredibly powerful and purees just about anything in less than 10 seconds. Four stars and a smiley face.

Aren't they great? I have one too. I especially find it useful for pureeing my cooked butternut squash before I freeze it. Its soooooo much easier than putting it through a mill, and then having to clean the mill. Its great for things like broccoli and tomato soup too. Glad you love your new toy!

(welcome back, Kib.)

I too have a stick blender. Mine (yard sale find) was one of the old original ones back when they were called minipimers. I just love it. I don't use it often, but it allows me to blend things while still hot in the pot.

Glad to know there are new ones out there with power so when my oldie croaks I'll be able to find another good one.
    moo

I have had my Braun stick blender for forever, it seems, and they are wonderful for so many things.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I'd like to get one of these. We make an awful lot of soup here, and I'm forever having to lug out the food processor with all its parts. Guess I'll be watching the flea market this summer Any recommendation for a minimum speed/power to look for?

We were gifted an Oster circa 1998. Still going strong. Don't use it but 3-4 times a year, but it comes in oh so handy and still works great after all this time. Salsa-making is basic every year - but have had moments like our first blenderized cream-of-asparagus soup - which was sublime and superb and OMG.....and asparagus season is coming up again!.....

Mrs-M
    Nice to see you back Kib. I love my immersion blender too.

Oh, now I want one.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Ours is a Waring Commercial, bought from a restaurant supply house. Only a couple bucks more than a lighter duty model from Wally World and we use it almost daily so figured the upgrade was worth it. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Oh, now I want one.
    Me too! Just found one on craigslist, a Braun, for $35. Is that a good price? It's called the Multiquick Baby Set.

Thread Information