Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Much Pizza....

Too Much Pizza....

I'm going to start out by saying that I figure some people are eating way too much Pizza, these days. Case Study: There is a littlebitty, insignificant town way up north in the middle of nowhere, pop 5,000 city/4500 county, that has at least 6 places that serve piping hot, ready to eat Pizza, maybe more. Then there is a company that makes frozen pizzas, and several grocery stores and convenience stores selling frozen pizzas. One of the groceries has a deli, and I'll bet they sell pizza, too. I could see a community that size having 1 pizza & pasta parlor; but not pizza being served all over town, in addition to the deep-fried greasy foods like pork t's, barbeque, burgers, etc., etc., etc.. It's crazy. The stereotypical mainstream citizen there is one of those obese, middle-aged Harley Riders with his farmer sunburn, and his wife, who stuffs herself into her clothes, like sausage being made. They are a little more clean cut & somewhat less sleazy than the Harley People around here, due to affluence($10k/acre farmland), and small-town community standards of sorts, but the food abuse is really epidemic. The agenda is: Get on the Scooter, and drive to the next burg, and check out the fried grease establishments, there. It is a major pastime. I'm serious. Pizza, is at the epicenter of the food abuse epidemic. Did I tell you--when I was up there last time, I saw a trailer made by a company in that town all decked out as a route carrier for yet ANOTHER frozen pizza company up in the region. Pizza, is not just a luxury food for occasional consumption--it has become a staple of their diet! So, how much pizza do you eat? Can you get enough of it? Be honest.

Here's my local pizza place, they even have live music:

I'm not crazy about the pizza in California, though I did have it twice on my recent trip to Massachusetts. They know how to make a proper pizza there!

Pizza can be part of a healthy diet; I don't see a problem with it.

My dh gets a pizza when he goes to Costco (every 2 weeks or so) and brings it home and tops it with tons of veggies. Costco pizza: not the real thing.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

We are very fussy about our pizzas. Out of probably 50+ places to get pizza, there are only a handful that make it (and the sauces)fresh and cook it properly. Most serve frozen or as I call it Sysco pizzas without any input other than an oven at the pizza joint.

Our best one has the prep line and oven as part of the front of the restaurant.

Of course, the real religious question: what is pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Of course, the real religious question: what is pizza?

I believe that is genuine Islamic-Style Pizza, using genuine goat cheese and baked in an oven fired with camel chips. The customer prays toward Mecca, while they wait for it to be delivered to their table.

There is no such thing as too much pizza.

I could eat pizza alot, but we just have it on Friday nights. We used to get a Papa Murphy's veggie delite pizza, but then I started buying a frozen Freschetta grilled 5 cheese pizza and I add sweet onions, red pepper and lots of spinach to it. Yummy!

MY DH makes it at home, so we haven't bought a pizza for years. We probably have it twice a month. It does amaze me that there are 6 pizza places within shouting distance of our house. If we expanded the radius to three miles, I probably wouldn't have enough digits to count them. I do wonder how they all stay in business. DH's pizza is cheap, easy, and WAY better!

What kind of crust does he make rosarugosa?

Thread Information