Thread: 2 week challenge

TxZen

2 week challenge

Starting Wednesday, I am giving myself two week to go through every square inch of this house and declutter, clean and organize.
    I have a game plan of sorts:
    1. Wednesday- known yard sale items going into Jeep for donation, clean bathrooms
    2. Thursday- deep clean kitchen, top to bottom
    3. Friday- Organize clothes in Master- make list of clothing needed- (already know I need a new winter coat)
    4. Saturday- normal routine of laundry, add organizing/purging the garage to list.
    5. Sunday- enjoy day with family.
    6. Monday- deep clean son's room, organize his closet.
    7. Tuesday- Prep kitchen for paint, buy paint.
    8. Wednesday- food shopping, purge anything else for donation
    9. Thursday- drop off donation, vacuum.
    10. Friday- go through safe, organize jewelry/scarves.
    11. Saturday- list for Christmas shopping.
    12. Sunday- family time
    13. Monday- organize online presence, emails, FB, linkedin, pinterest, etc.
    14. Tuesday- finish office, clean bathrooms, vacuum, light a candle and call it done.

This is very loose, as things will come up but my goal is to be prepped and ready for the upcoming Fall Season and so I can focus on my health, family and life.

Anyone want to join in?

I've been going through the house all summer and cleaning and decluttering to get ready for fall semester when my schedule of classes and tutoring picks up again. I'm feeling great about my progress but still have work to do. Hoping DH will help me with the garage this weekend. I'd like to get the house so decluttered that we have nothing needing to be stored in the rather damp crawlspace. Mainly, that's holiday decorations, suitcases, and paint cans right now.

Good for you Greenmama. I am in the midst of a total house declutter and am quite happy to move through these zones with you.

Greenmama, good luck with Wednesday's donating and cleaning. I cleaned my bathroom and took three items of clothing to the op shop. Unfortunately I also bought two items to bring home, sometimes I'm my own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aroha View Post
    I cleaned my bathroom and took three items of clothing to the op shop. Unfortunately I also bought two items to bring home, sometimes I'm my own worst enemy.
    laughed when i read that one, might've done that myself this week (donated 2 bags and came home with a couple of items..)
    I'm hopping on board, I seem to have a bit of a declutter bug going on at the moment and I'm really on form for getting stuck in, my days will be allocated to different things though
    1. Wednesday - Declutter sitting room, buy paint and finish the new fireplace surround, drill it in ( gorgeous cast iron fireplace that was my husbands grandmothers, his da cleaned it up and presented it to us as a surprise ). Then source a mahogany top for it.

Mentes, what a super project, I hope it comes out just how you want it. And it's great to have someone else with the declutter bug going on.

TxZen
    Clothing- going inline with my inner beach girl and being my true self.

Pulled everything I own out and put it on the bed. I really had to look at my own personal style.
    1. I took all my corporate clothes, culled through, kept about 3 good full outfits- pants, jacket, top and donated the rest. I have one pair of pumps left. All the rest were worn down to the bone, so I threw them out. Too worn out to donate. I am also keeping 1 black sheath lined dress and 1 wrap dress.
    Things I realized about myself:
    1. Skirts- LOVE LOVE LOVE the maxi/tank top look but it just doesn't work on my body type. I am curvy and the skirts enhance the wrong curves. LOL Donating 5
    2. Skirts- short run around skirts- I think from Old Navy- again- cute but not for me. Donating 3 of them.
    3. Dresses- I have to be really careful with the cut. I do love my sheath dresses that come right to above the knee but need structured one's. Donating 3 too cutesy or too young for me looks.
    4. Tops- round collars look awful on me, as much as I love my billowy shirts/blouses, the round necklines do nothing for me. Donating 5-6.

What I do love on me and I need to stock up on as I go:
    1. Shorts- straight cut- lean line and come down to about mid thigh. I have a hot pink pair, army green and a beige.
    2. T- shirts- nothing too clingy. Have to have a good % of cotton in them. Having a hard time finding something not too love cut but v cut.
    3. Tanks- love the Target brand with the thicker straps and longer line. I also have some "dressier" tanks that just float down nicely and reach to a bit below my backside (they are rayon or blends that float nice). Love this with boyfriend jeans rolled up or capris and my favorite Reef stargazer sandals. This is probably my favorite look all around- meets my beachy girl needs and yet is dressy enough for place to eat here and I can wear this loo 75% of the time in Texas.
    4. Leather jacket- straight lines, hits at lower waist.
    5. Need to get winter coat- nothing to much but need something to fight the wind.
    6. Beach pants- so far LOVING them- Comfy, will carry me through fall.
    7. Dresses- I have one light denim dress with a simple tie belt. I like that I can unbutton the top a bit and get a comfy casual look with exposing too much. I can carry this into fall with tall boots and add my leather jacket as it gets cooler. Still beachy girl with some edge.

What is great is I live in Texas, so heavier clothing is not needed until almost Thanksgiving, where I will switch to jeans and boots.

I am really enjoying being a girl again. Hard to explain that but when I worked in corporate, it was very buttoned up and even the last place I worked, though innovative and casual, once the hospital opened it went back to corporate style. I have never had the time to enjoy more casual clothing. Sounds silly but I am really having fun.

Also, need to come up with a look for my pet care business. I am thinking sneakers, found some cute but polished capri "sweats" but are on the thin side, so not sloppy looking, and a casual t-shirt. I want to look pulled together but not sloppy but realize I am dealing with pets and all their bodily functions and fur. I might even get some comfy scrubs- because they last and are sturdy.

Green Mama, you are doing great. I really can't decide what my personal style is at all. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I'm sure writing it all out will have been very clarifying for you and I suspect it will also help me to work through putting together my spring wardrobe. I have got rid of so many clothes that I don't like, but I'm really not sure what I do like other than my jean shorts and woollen jerseys (and they don't even go right together).

I was attempting to pare down to 33 items, but now I'm thinking of starting with a handful of keepers and building up.

TxZen
    Well my schedule ran amuck but for fun reasons. Hubby planned a trip this weekend to the baseball game, so I will have to rethink my timeline but I did accomplish almost everything on my list.

I did set aside a small pile of items I would like to sell and I have a neighbor coming to look through it tomorrow. I will then donate the leftovers and I will be mostly done with the declutter. I like to declutter, then clean, then organize and enjoy.

Thread Information