Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unleashing my inner beach girl

A friend of mine was given a wrecked sailing dinghy, he stood it up vertically in the corner of his garden, a plank of wood across for a seat, a few shells and rocks and it looks great!

TxZen
    I saw the cutest use of a broken wooden boat..they cut out one side and inserted a twin mattress for a bed and made a form for the bottom to rest it on. SO cute!!

Today, I went in search of some paint and found some lovely beachy colors- sorta bleached out sand, whites, and a blue.

We are going to look for a small house maybe sometime next year. I would like around 1000 square feet. I am so excited!!!

I love the beach, I would love to retire to the Norfolk Coast i spent a lot of time there when I was growing up, I still sail quite a lot at our local inland sailing club but nothing beats sailing on the sea. I am actually writing this from Lido di Jesolo, this is a last minute holiday paid for from my first stages of decluttering by selling my vintage bicycles and boat engines on ebay, unfortunately that is all the high value stuff gone but many loads still to take to my local Charity shop.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lily View Post
    Say where IS our beach girl for this thread? I guess she'll be along shortly...
    Ancient Malibu Beach Barbie heard her name :-) . Computer less so just lurking on tablet. Been gone too - Gave up the beach for the Sonoma wine country for now but Bodega Bay tomorrow - the best beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    Ancient Malibu Beach Barbie heard her name :-) . Computer less so just lurking on tablet. Ben gone too - Gave up the beach for the Sonoma wine county for now but Bodega Bay tomorrow - the best beach.
    There she is!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    There she is!
    Ha ha - I figured if I said I was in the wine country (Napa quake and all) you'd hear me :-)

Thread Information