Thread: Incinolet, anyone?

Incinolet, anyone?

Does anyone have an Incinolet, or is familiar with how they work?
    They are a type of composting toilet.
    Thanks!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

My brother has one of these in his summer camp. It takes 90 minutes to "process" input, so the thing is running constantly when there is more than 1 person using it. It glows because its burning. In the middle of the night, its kinda scary to sit on a glowing toilet. My family and I refer to that toilet as "the mouth of Satan" (said in a scary movie voice). Very efficient though as to volume reduction, at the end of the weekend there's just a little bit of ash left.

Oh my gosh, herbgeek, that is the funniest description. I'm going to have to share that with DS#1. I'm sure it will end up in one of his stories.
    Serious questions: is it loud when processing? is there odor? I'm curious about them too because dad is currently using a RV toilet set up in the cabin while getting opinions of other systems. He doesn't want to add a septic system because of how close the cabin is to the pond and the lay of the land.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Jeez, toilet of the damned!
    My husband is thinking that, rather than trying to find a house with separate office/music studio, it might make sense to put ank an outbuilding. But he'd want a toilet in there, and it sure is easier to run electric than a new sewer line.
    Thanks!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

It does smell but not like the input to the toilet , it smells like something burning. In my brother's case, he has a pipe to vent to the outdoors and once in a while when you're on the beach you get a whiff of burnt (you can't tell what was burnt, just that there is a burnt smell). The noise is similar to a running fan, ie you only notice it when it stops or starts but it fades to the background when its running. You do want to keep the bathroom door closed though to reduce the noise.

That looks great, Gardenarian. I've been interested in composting toilets for a while. I'll probably purchase one in the future. I had the American Standard toilet that I have now rebuilt. On one of the shows on tiny houses they put in a "top of the line" composting toilet. It was really tall and sleek.
    The incinolet is interesting, being an incinerator.

Thread Information