Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life and lemons (and lemonade?)

I did some preliminary research, and found that it just may be feasible for you to move to "Ashland", Lilies and all. Y'see--just a few miles south of Columbia, Mo., there is the small town of Ashland. So, it's not too far away, and being rural Zurra, prices no doubt are still affordable. But, it wouldn't surprise me if the radically conservative locals in Ashland have already printed up bumper stickers that say: "Ashland--Don't Louis It Up!". Ha. Get It?

At the neighborhood meeting tonight, our Alderman (a woman) told everyone that this construction deal had a long way to go before it got financing and we should not "get our panties in a wad" about losing all of the community gardens in the area. Just calm down, she said, it may not take place. Then some guy yelled at her for using "sexist language" and stomped out, mad about the "panties" comment.

It was a satisfying and entertaining meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    At the neighborhood meeting tonight, our Alderman (a woman) told everyone that this construction deal had a long way to go before it got financing and we should not "get our panties in a wad" about losing all of the community gardens in the area. Just calm down, she said, it may not take place. Then some guy yelled at her for using "sexist language" and stomped out, mad about the "panties" comment.

Ha. It sounds to me like that guy who Flounced out o' the meeting "got his panties in a wad"!. I wonder just who it was, because that is 'zackly the kind of metaphor the homies in a littlebitty, insignificant town way up North in the middle o' Nowhere would use, by god! Ha. In the future, they prolly need to have piping hot pizzas, piled high with sausage & pepperoni & Canadian bacon and ooey-gooey melted mozzarella cheese waiting to be served after the meeting. Satisfying Comfort Food. This way, it will take the attendees mind off of the controversial issues, and onto the Pizza. See?
    Last edited by Packy; 9-9-14 at 11:07am.

Hey, IL, is Packy your long ago boyfriend who used to hang out here a few years ago? The writing style is almost an exact duplicate.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

haha.. see, this is when I want a "like" button on this forum.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmoss View Post
    Hey, IL, is Packy your long ago boyfriend who used to hang out here a few years ago? The writing style is almost an exact duplicate.
    Well, I once knew someone like that, yep.

Pizza at those Meetings! Piping HOT Pizza, piled high with pepperoni and Sausage and Canadian bacon and oeey-gooey mozzerelli cheeeese! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! Yum!

Thread Information