Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got a job!

I got a job!

I start training at a health food store tomorrow. It's only one day a week so far, but the money will come in handy since the spa is so slow. Feeling a bit nervous, especially since I'm not a big eater, certainly don't eat as well as I should, and don't like trying new things. But they sell supplements and remedies and herbs and natural skincare stuff, so I won't be totally lost.

I'll be learning lots of health-related things so I'll be able to pitch in here and there on the forum. It's funny because I had applied for a few other jobs lately and knew they weren't a good fit for me but I needed to try. Everything always turns out OK in the end and I always get what I need.

Now I can wear my thrift store clothes and look nice every day. No jeans and t-shirts for me!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    I start training at a health food store tomorrow. It's only one day a week so far, but the money will come in handy since the spa is so slow. Feeling a bit nervous, especially since I'm not a big eater, certainly don't eat as well as I should, and don't like trying new things. But they sell supplements and remedies and herbs and natural skincare stuff, so I won't be totally lost.

I'll be learning lots of health-related things so I'll be able to pitch in here and there on the forum. It's funny because I had applied for a few other jobs lately and knew they weren't a good fit for me but I needed to try. Everything always turns out OK in the end and I always get what I need.

Now I can wear my thrift store clothes and look nice every day. No jeans and t-shirts for me!
    Congrats! I hope this works out well for you. Rob

Wishing you the best and lots of wonderful discoveries.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Congrats!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Have fun!

this is great news and glad to hear you are looking forward to it!

Congratulations! Enjoy it!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Congratulations...glad for you!

I'm so happy for you. May it turn out to be all you hope it to be.

pony mom, Good for you! I'm glad you'll be able to wear your nice clothes. It sounds like fun. I used to cashier at a farm fruit and vegetable stand, and I really liked it. I did it for side income, too. I liked the people. I'm sure you'll get to know the regulars and enjoy the work.

Thread Information