Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Gone Girl" movie in October

I read the book and disliked it...so I won't see the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog Lin View Post
    Thanks for the review Weston. Since I've pretty much never like a movie made from a book I've loved.....I figure I'll be in the same camp. But gotta see it all the same.

Had you read the book?
    Yes I read it. Thought it was well crafted but highly overrated. It was however substantially better than the movie.

I saw this film today. It was just as much fun as the book, I loved it! A romp through a manipulative sociopath's mind! much fun.

And to the PP above, yes there was one very bloody scene, so if that's not your thing, stay away.

iris lilies: I loved it too, which surprised me. As I said before, I've never liked a movie made from a book I loved. The screenplay followed the book well enough - though while the rest of the casting was superb, I just didn't get Neil Patrick Harris as the Desi character. Threw it all off for me.

Another surprise was that DH said he loved the movie too, even though he knew nothing about the book or anything. He said it was the kind of movie he'd like to see another time or two, as he knows he missed early "clues" that led to the ending. It surprised me, that he also liked it, from an "amateur" viewpoint.

Thread Information