Thread: Propet shoes?

Propet shoes?

I'm posting this here in Health because I think these shoes are more for those of us who have foot and knee problems.
    I've been looking for a velcro-fastened shoe, since my hand arthritis is pretty bad. They seem to get a lot of good reviews. I'm a little hesitant to buy a shoe online, even though I've printed off their sizing diagram.
    Have you ever owned these?
    I'm wondering if you can pull their insole out and use an orthotic? Anyone ever use a substantial slip-on shoe? I don't know if they would give enough support to the foot.
    Any feedback?
    Thanks!

I've tried them on, they run narrow (even in wide widths) and I have wide feet.

I've found that Crocs, Keen, And Dansko are the best brands for me.

That's good to know about them running narrow. I printed off a thing to figure out what size I needed and I'm usually a Wide......but my foot went way outside of their Wide..........so that's good to know. I guess I should try to find a retail store that sells them, so I can figure out the size.........even if I end up ordering them online. I'll also check out those other brands you mentioned.
    Thanks!

Don't know about Propet but I have bought most of my shoes the past few years online. If you go with a company like shoebuy, returns are free so you can send back if they don't fit. I always do a search for comfort shoes as that brings up some of the corresonding brands.

I like Clarks--they're good, supportive shoes that often come in narrow, medium, and wide. In fact, I just bought some biker-type boots (look out, Packy) that I'm crazy about--comfortable right out of the box. I second Gardenarian's recommendation for Crocs, which might be considered spendy for what they are, but i'm still wearing a pair that has to be five years old.

My opinion of Propet shoes, having had several pairs: very comfortable FOR THE PRICE (as in, you can get much better, but you will pay for it); and rather homely and un-cool looking (which may not be a consideration).

What I might suggest: go to Zappos online, and spend a few pleasurable hours perusing the possibilities. Read the reviews, as that is where there is a lot of useful info on your possibilities. Make a favorites list. Then order one or two pairs (their prices are entirely compatible with retail stores and other online purveyors). As soon as they come, put them on with a plastic grocery bag tied over each one (big rubber band, string, I just tie the sack handles together) and wear them for the day. Then do the same thing the next day, if necessary. By then you should know definitely whether they are perfect or not. If not, follow the Zappos instructions for the free return on the 2nd or 3rd day. And order your next possibility on your favorites list. Free shipping both ways cannot be beat. You will eventually find the perfect pair of shoes, that you are happy with the value of what you paid for them. And Zappos is VERY good at crediting your purchases and returns.

Been doing this for years (I have problematic feet and worked for the USPS - so needed really good sneakers). My record is one time it took 4 pairs of sneakers tried at home before I found the one I wanted - but Zappos doesn't care! As long as I was returning them in pristine condition (hence the grocery bags), I could try them out totally at my leisure.

YMMV. But I will never buy another pair of shoes that doesn't come from Zappos.

Thanks everyone! This is all very helpful.

I had a pair and did not think they held up well, jmo. But they were comfortable.

Thread Information