Thread: busy, and all i want to do is start writing

busy, and all i want to do is start writing

of course i am busy, duh, but this week could be pretty busy with work as well (even in education, i do camps over break) and i have the writing bug bad. i have stories in my head that are weaving around, i have my parenting book i have been threatening to write start to pull into a format, and i just want to sit and do this. I am looking at days I could take off at work soon.

I am most excited about the parenting book idea. I have been talking about this forever but needed to get to a point with my kids that it felt right. Also my work with kids has reached a point where I feel I have something more universal to say. I just worked on chapter headings, next step is to get a giant post-it note for my wall. That is the best way of thinking. In any case I need to go wrap packages for this holiday thing, sigh

I have giant post-it notes on my walls at work. I've also got a white board, but that is reserved for lists of "next up" projects.

The giant post-its are good for organizing projects. I also use a post-it as a visual learning aid for representing workflows.

I had complicated taxes to work on one year; the deadline was coming up fast. I suddenly had an overwhelming desire to make a small quilt. I managed to get both of them done. As Packy would say "hope that helps some."

Thread Information