Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So what is the answer for health care?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Weird how it seems there's almost always money for the football team, but the shop and the library...
    I often think similarly about attendance at theatre vs. football games, but then again, I adore theatre, and I don't get why everyone wouldn't. (In spite of the smiley face, I mean it--what's not to love about the theatre?)

But to get to the point, I wonder--if our entire worldview were different and was based on cooperation vs. competition, would theatre fill stadiums, and would football teams fight to fill bleachers?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I often think similarly about attendance at theatre vs. football games, but then again, I adore theatre, and I don't get why everyone wouldn't. (In spite of the smiley face, I mean it--what's not to love about the theatre?)

But to get to the point, I wonder--if our entire worldview were different and was based on cooperation vs. competition, would theatre fill stadiums, and would football teams fight to fill bleachers?
    Not into either theater or sports. However sports isn't just competition, it has cooperation (teams). I know there are diva's in both acting and sports as well as some decent individuals. (DAMHIK)
    Unfortunately I think sports would still fill stadiums.

Excellent text/graphics regarding Obamacare - how it started, what it does and does not do, complete with actual facts. Longish but easy read by Economix Comix.

http://boingboing.net/2014/10/29/oba...s-what-it.html

I vote and like currently very much love what I have health insurance wise. Many are angry, I am still not sure why... bad propaganda.
    I too pay out $120 a month with a Gov. Sub.. I could pay less, but I feel I should try to help the system. If it is taken away, I will not pay any
    health insurance more than I pay for food each month. I limit my driving on the highway to once or twice a week. Sometimes less than that.
    I don't smoke and never have. Don't have kids. Have only one easy to pay med.. Eat beans and rice at least three times a week. I am not overweight and sleep great every night. I don't eat corn and limit simple sugars. I work outside seven days a week and never plan to retire.

If bad health comes down on me or I have an accident without health insurance. I will defect to Canada just up the road. I don't expect anything from the US Gov. and I have yet to be disappointed.

Most Americans have always had an odd twist to me of what they do with their money. New trucks, big expensive, difficult to maintain houses, well the list is very long.

I feel that if the nation as a whole embraced a simple life, many of our problems would vanish. That most likely will not happen, so we will just have to enjoy the benefits all by ourselves.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Healthcare costs are out of line here in the U.S. On the other hand, taking care of our own health (personal responsibility) is out of line, too.

My fervent wish is that we all would get adequate exercise, eat wholesome, whole foods, and practice stress relief such as yoga.

Were we to give up our junk foods, our sodas, our out of control portion sizes, our huge slabs of animal meats and greasy donuts, I think we'd not be as concerned about healthcare costs as we'd be healthy--and likely free of prescription drugs..

Most of our modern diseases are lifestyle diseases due to diet, stress and lack of exercise. We bring it on ourselves, then complain about the cost of alleviating our symptoms -- without ever seeking the cure.

<end of rant>
    peaceful, easy feeling

Thread Information