Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting out of a funk

This is temporary and simplistic (Simple Living) but if you've never had a massage, book one. If you're low on funds, try a massage school. The student massages are still well worth the time, especially if you've never had one.

For me, getting out of a funk happens when I realize that 1) change is stressful (even good change, like a puppy); and 2) I'm making these changes because the end result is good for me.* It helps me to be able to take a step back, whether that means a multiple-hour trip to someplace peaceful or an afternoon listening to music I enjoy or tackling some physical project (building or deeply cleaning something) so that I have that achievement to look at. And to know that, while some of these events may pass or even end, there will be other changes coming and to reserve some of my energy for those.

* This raises the question of changes that are not chosen consciously, like the breakup of a relationship, but I'm a great believer that people call into their lives the circumstances that let them choose the path through or out.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

TxZen
    Thanks y'all. As you see, it's 1 in the morning and I am up. Going to spend the day relaxing, drinking lots of water, meditating and going slow today.

Wow, a lot of Doctors on here saying funk is a woman only thing (menopause). I didn't realize funk was gender specific so the fact I have been fighting one, must mean something is going to fall off.

There are a lot of reasons for funk, and without visiting a doctor, you can't rule out physical. Emotional, one tends to know themselves (or one would hope). I've been working on mine, by just getting up and doing things when I wake up and trying to spend less time on the computer (being in one and sitting at the computer I tend to not want to get up and it self perpetuates). I find that works with physical ones for me, more then mental/emotional ones. It helps with the mental, because your mind focuses on other things for a while, instead of going over all the things that put you into it and sometimes that stepping back, makes you either see things differently (finds an understanding) or lessens them by time. (not focused and fading away)

My physical one, is because I have been working so much (hard to get time off with all the other employees injuries and surgeries). Mental has some to do with burn out from that, as well as some gal (ex and possible future one) issues.

Never heard of male menopause? And no I don't think anything vital falls off.

Thread Information