Thread: Stress Relief

Stress Relief

I haven't posted in a long time but still lurking frequently. Lots of changes in my life - dad passed in January, empty nest, new boss at work, grandkids nearby who need me - long story short - today I had a big anxiety attack. Tingling fingers, chest pain etc. It passed but I know my blood pressure was sky high. I have been working long days and bringing it home. I'm a first grade teacher and am even working on Sundays to try to keep up with expectations. After today, I said - no mas!! I'm going to put me first for awhile - I haven't been exercising or paying any attention to my diet or health so -here goes - Starting tomorrow - I'm exercising, working regular hours and eating right! Posting this here to declare my intentions - thanks for listening!!

If your health goes, no one benefits. You really need strength both mentally and physically to deal with the kids.

Keep posting to help maintain progress. Sweetana is right. Go girl!!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

rodeosweetheart
    Good for you--that is a great mantra, to put yourself first--great advice, too.

Catwoman, good for you deciding to put yourself first. Nothing good comes out of getting sick. Anxiety attacks are horrible-you really feel like you are dying. Keep us informed of your progress.

Hi Catwoman - So sorry to hear how the stress is affecting your health! please do what you need to take care of yourself.
    A teacher has so many demands; I read yesterday that the average elementary school teacher works 52 hours a week (including prep, grading, dealing with parents, etc.) Yikes!!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Catwoman, I'm in education too and I got extremely sick this month from trying to "keep up with expectations." Your decision to put yourself first inspires me to try harder to do the same thing. We teachers just have to cut corners sometimes in order to not be eaten alive by school.

Catwomen and Rachel...please do look after yourselves....I know easier said then done but, do try.....

Thread Information