Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Do you know how to get rid of a computer virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Isn't there a version of the Chrome OS that is downloadable? I thought that was a low demand linux type OS you could install on old computers too?
    Not that I am aware of, as it is a version by Google, with some proprietary stuff, that they also put on specific hardware. (they treat it kind of like Apple, where they want control of the OS and the Hardware)

This is kind of what I was thinking: http://greenido.wordpress.com/2012/0...ur-old-laptop/ or https://plus.google.com/app/basic/st...vzxjtytchcwccg

Might be somewhat limiting but would at least fix the browser issue. Of course Chromebooks are not that expensive so maybe not worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    LOL, I mentioned Apple's UNIX roots here several years ago and received several responses reminiscent of many on this thread. I'll think twice before repeating such heresy again.
    That's our Alan!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I'll bet you--- nine-out-of-ten of you kidses' 'puter prollems are caused by crumbs and grease from that yummy, luscious, scrumptious sausage-and-pepperoni- and-canadian-bacon, Seattle-Style pizza, piled high with oooey-gooey mozzzzarellli cheeeese, that you eat every single day. It's because of pizzza particulates falling down in your keyboard, soaking into your mouse, and even into the "intel inside" microdealybobbers what make it 'pute. Just betcha. Get some solvent,, canned compressed air(25 psi max), and clean 'er out. Then, consume your pizzza in front of the Teee-Veee while watching manic-fanatic stadium sports, news propaganda or mindless nighttime dramas, instead of on the puter. See? Hope that helps you some.
    Last edited by Packy; 10-10-14 at 3:03pm.

Thank Mee.

Thread Information