Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, Which Regional U.S. Accent Annoys You The Most?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You mean, those copies of White Castle burgers? White Castle was the original.
    Actually, White Castle was founded in um, Wichita, a market that they no longer have stores in. Correct me if I am wrong, but I rarely am. That said, here we have IrisLily, telling littlebittymee that this topic belongs under "peeves", where I just know it would be buried without a single response. Yet, she, being the Foodie, turns it into a burger thread! Ha. I've got an idea for a new business venture: A chainof drive-up restasurants for the extremely lazy fatmongerers called "Pick-A-Burger". We'd just have one kind of bacon-wrapped cheeseburgerburger, all hot n' ready n' greasy! As many as you want, instantly. It would be a huuuge success, don't you think?
    Last edited by Packy; 10-9-14 at 12:32pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiam View Post
    Did not know there was a speech "accent" or style for Seattle.
    Ya Better Believe it. It's also combined with an attitude of superiority toward inlanders. I'm not trying to stir things up, here. Just trying to identify a problem, so we can start looking for a solution. Today, is indigineous peoples' day in See-I'm-Addled. Maybe they are feeling sooooo guilty about taking over from the Indians, that they are going to give it back. Doubtful. Which raises the question: Has your community had a "we stole this place from the Indians day", lately?Just Curious. Seattles try soooo hard to be socially-conscious NoCals, it is laughable. They overdo it.
    Last edited by Packy; 10-7-14 at 2:02pm.

I am a proud person from Wisconsin that still has the Midwest accent even after years of living on the WEst Coast! I love all the accents. My DIL is from Poland & her accent is beautiful.

I could listen to a Georgian accent all day. So soft and lyrical.
    I suppose I have a Texan accent, but I think it's muted by time away from Texas and living all over the country/world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartleby View Post
    Is your name Bobby by any chance? Just wondering.
    Where the hxxx you been, lately, boy?

I took that test....and this Jersey girl has a north eastern accent.

One regional accent I don't like is the Brooklyn/Bronx/Staten Island one. IQs drop significantly when I hear it.

Thread Information