Thread: The Non-Donation Drive Donation Drive

The Non-Donation Drive Donation Drive

It just dawned on me I haven't sent a donation in a while. (mine are beyond meager, but love filled)

I didn't even know that was a possibility for the longest while here.
    I'm not posting this to turn any new member off and by NO MEANS is it required to participate...

As a faithful lurker, I just wanted to put the info out there, if anyone like myself loves the stuffing out of the board and only occasionally realizes they probably need greenbacks to keep the lights on.

There's a Big Yellow Button near upper left of screen that says 'Donate' (if you do PayPal)

Or mail a donation to:
    New Road Map Foundation
    PO Box 1363
    Langley, WA 98260

I'm sure there are many others of you out there that are much more together than me and have this as a line item in your personal philanthropy... this is just a Holler to my fellow Haphazard Folk

I appreciate that we don't do Donation Drives, etc and this is my shout out to the universe to say so (by trying to instigate a Donation Drive)... huh?

Thanks mtnlaurel, although I'd like to ask folks to hold off for a few weeks before making any donations. We may be making a few changes soon which could affect where donations are collected. More info to follow as details are worked out.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Thanks mtnlaurel, although I'd like to ask folks to hold off for a few weeks before making any donations. We may be making a few changes soon which could affect where donations are collected. More info to follow as details are worked out.
    Thanks for heads up.
    I will look for updates before sending in.

As I mentioned in another thread, the forums are being spun off from the New Road Map Foundation. The 'Donate' button on the site's pages has just today been updated to direct any donations to a separate entity, The Simple Living Forums.

There are a couple of changes affecting donations. Since we are no longer affiliated with a non-profit, donations are no longer tax deductible and all donations must now be by credit/debit card or a pass-through from a personal PayPal account. We will no longer be able to accept donations by check.

We hope this doesn't present too much of an inconvenience to our members and, as always, thank you all for your support.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Alan, I just tried to make a donation using two different cc's and both times it told me I needed to use a different card. Does the donation process only work with paypal, or is it just not quite ready for prime time yet?

Thanks for the reminder, mtnlaurel, and thanks for all the work, Alan!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    Alan, I just tried to make a donation using two different cc's and both times it told me I needed to use a different card. Does the donation process only work with paypal, or is it just not quite ready for prime time yet?
    I just successfully made a donation through the PayPal link, so I'm guessing it is ready for prime time, although it did prompt me on my first attempt that I could not use a CC or email address connected to an existing PayPal account without logging into that account. I changed the email address to a spare I keep around and the transaction went through immediately and I received a confirmation email at my alternate email address.

Did you receive an error message describing the problem on your attempts?

I don't use paypal. I just filled in the form on the left side, assuming I could make a donation directly with my card, and it said "you must use a different credit or debit card for this transaction". Both of those cc's are good, so I don't think it's a problem with them, per se. Do I need to create a paypal account?

Thread Information