Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's that time of year--turning on the heat?

Thermostat is set to 21C but despite it being 13C outside the heating hasn't had to kick into action yet. I am honestly glad we are well into October and I've not needed the heating yet.

Thank goodness we can finally turn the a/c off.

Using woodstove occasionally to "take the chill out", but only if it's below 60 degrees.

I usually make it until at least mid-November if not later.

Oh WOW! I'd be happy if I could just turn off the air conditioning!! 90 degrees again here in Northern California today, where we have not had any measurable rain for more than 8 months now, and most of those days have been 85+ degrees. and it is not really cooling off at night either, 65 at midnight last night.

Well, after a very chilly weekend, during which I almost broke my resolve and turned on the heat (long johns to the rescue!) because the house stayed around 58, today it got up to 74. And the rest of the week looks pretty balmy as well. I may just make it to Nov. 1.

So far I haven't turned on the heat yet. Yesterday I came close but just decided to go to bed early instead.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

It is a beautiful day today--a t-shirt day, in the Northeast at 7am on October 15! So, still no heat for us.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Still in shorts and tee shirts here in coastal SoCal. Sleeping with all the windows and doors open and with a fan on but it is getting cooler in the mornings and evenings and I'm in the fog-zone so stays temperate almost all year long. Heat for maybe a couple of weeks in winter during a cold snap but otherwise could leave it off year round. Just got my natural gas bill (heat, hot water, stove) and I used 15 therms last month and it cost me $16.

Weather now actually needs very little to be turned on. Not using the A/C or fans much anymore though occasionally. Definitely not using heat yet. But have been using more blankets on my bed (3 last night - these are fairly light blankets mostly) as it's chilly at night sometimes now.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information