Thread: Wall Chart

Wall Chart

Hi, I am new to the forums and new to FI, and was wondering if someone could help me by giving me instructions for creating a wall chart using Excel or some other program. For the last two years I have kept track of all of my income and spending, but would really like to make a wall chart using the computer rather than getting graph paper and drawing it. I noticed some posts that have nice looking graphs that were made on the computer and was wondering if someone could tell me how they did that or if there is a template somewhere. I have and can use Microsoft Excel, but have never used it to make a chart and my couple of attempts have failed miserably.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Julia

I'd love to help you but am really busy today. I'll give you some demos and instructions (if no one beats me to it) by the weekend.

Welcome to the forum!

I haven't run Windows in a long time, and came from Wordperfect (from version 1.0), through Lotus Smart suite and Star Office/Open Office to now Libre Office, so I am not up to date on Excel. That said, I have seen what looks like some good tutorials on Youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...phs+and+charts
    Hope these can be of some help.

Thank you for the welcome. I will try looking over the videos and see if that helps. I have tried a few times to get it to look right but so far have not been able to get everything to look like it should so I can print it and post it on my wall.

-Julia

Hi Julia, cannot help you with you graph but just wanted to say welcome to the forums!

I have written up a demo about making Wall Charts in Excel. As there are lots of pictures and so it's available to the internet in general I've placed it on my website, Money Tips Canada.

Make a Wall Chart Using Excel

Please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know about YMOYL and Excel. (I've been tracking and charting since 2003.)

I've been quite remiss about working on my website, so thanks for the motivation, Julia.

Thank you!! This is truly a great tutorial, and was easy to do when I followed your instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by julia1 View Post
    Thank you!! This is truly a great tutorial, and was easy to do when I followed your instructions.
    That's so great to hear! Glad I could help.

Thread Information