Thread: Been away awhile, an interesting peiod of time for me but I'm back now.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Been away awhile, an interesting peiod of time for me but I'm back now.....

Like my title says, I've been away awhile and it has been an interesting period of time what with being in a relationship - me - who would have thought - and then surviving my 30th high school reunion and coming to a place where I'm letting those days finally go. Just all that toxicity and negativity go - gone - out of my life. It seems there has been some change in my life lately, nothing you might notice on the surface but emotionally yes, and in a good way. So anyway, I'm back now and it's good to be here. Rob

Nice to hear. One advantage of middle age is seeing things in perspective that seemed such a big deal when you're younger.

Nice to hear. One advantage of middle age is seeing things in perspective that seemed such a big deal when you're younger.
    Truth Lainey. Truth.

Awful glad to hear you're happy, Rob.

I love reading your posts so I am glad to see you are back again!

Thanks everybody! And Lainey what you posted is so true. So glad I went to my high school reunion, too. I ran into some people from the past who were still too good to talk to me and that left me feeling good about myself as I don't treat people that way - going to the reunion validated that I do like who I have become since those days. And now I can just let those days go! And those people go, too.....Definitely worth the price of admission to come to these conclusions. Rob

Hey Rob congrats on the new relationship. It can be tough out there for us single people - especially us older single simple living types. I've dated a lot since I divorced and it is hard to find someone with your same values and who's on the same path as you are. And even when you do find someone (as I have for awhile now) there are still challenges to deal that involve simple living, frugality, early retirement, etc... with that other person which may be difficult (or impossible) to resolve without a huge amount of compromise on each person's part. But it sounds like you guys are on the same page and glad to see it's "happening" for you.

First time back in here after several months myself. Glad you are back as you are a name I still recognize. Congrats on the growth and changes!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    First time back in here after several months myself. Glad you are back as you are a name I still recognize. Congrats on the growth and changes!!
    Thank You, Happystuff. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    Hey Rob congrats on the new relationship. It can be tough out there for us single people - especially us older single simple living types. I've dated a lot since I divorced and it is hard to find someone with your same values and who's on the same path as you are. And even when you do find someone (as I have for awhile now) there are still challenges to deal that involve simple living, frugality, early retirement, etc... with that other person which may be difficult (or impossible) to resolve without a huge amount of compromise on each person's part. But it sounds like you guys are on the same page and glad to see it's "happening" for you.
    Thank You Spartana. One thing I have discovered is that Hispanics who were not born here tend to be very frugal. And when they do spend money it's a big deal for a special occasion and it tends to be spending that helps their family somehow. This way of thinking very much works for me but I do feel lucky that I seem to have found someone after all this time anyhow. I don't think in this relationship - it's still early on and I don't know what to call it yet - there will be many issues about money. If anything I spend money for freely than he does which amazes me as I am used to being called cheap by acquaintances. It's a relief that money seems like it is not going to be an issue here. Rob

PS Just wanted to come back and say I very much appreciate your kind words.

Thread Information