Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I appreciate you people!

I appreciate you people!

This is, for the most part, such a comforting place to come. Most people here are intelligent, supportive, aware of all sorts of things and are open to discussion.
    For some crazy reason, I also sometimes visit a local discussion forum. I live in a very red state and the local area is crimson! If I bring up the environment at all, there is a lot of hostility about how it's all a conspiracy and there's no problem at all. Occasionally there's a member with a voice of reason and compassion, but it's pretty rare.
    So.....I just wanted you all to know that I appreciate that I can come here with any type of comment, complaint, concern, question, etc., and I am met with intelligence, understanding and support.

Thanks a bunch!

Yeah, from discussions about salad spinners to abortion, we seem to be able to connect--almost always politely and with respect.

I agree, Cathy!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

+1

I've been away for a while and I'm sorry to be so flighty, hope I can be more consistent in the future, because this really is one of the best places around, the degree of intelligence and consideration is extraordinary. May I say to everyone that I am so glad you picked up the ball where I dropped it and made sure the site flourished. I also like the fact that there are a mix of male and female posters and gender doesn't seem to be an issue here. I've gone to a few sites where I have a gender neutral name on purpose, because any scent of the feminine is greeted with either hostility or silence (as well as few estrogen-soaked sites that weren't very interesting at all.) IMHO SLN has it right, a voice for everyone.

Me too, Cathy! Thanks, ya'll!

I agree! I learn so much from all of you, and have received so much kindness, support, and good advice. I'm so glad you're all here, and many thanks to the moderators and web designers who do the loads of work necessary to keep this such a wonderful place to be part of. Thank you!

I appreciate you too! All of you - I'm grateful for all the people who have stuck through the kind of slow times.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

This is definitely a great place! Very much a good comfort level here and I like the intelligent discussions about all topics....

Agree, this is such a great online community!

I too am very grateful for this board and for everyone's input. What a great place to come chime in or kick something around .... and usually we can kick topics around without kicking each other.

I don't post often but I read them daily. I appreciate the wisdom and humor.

Thread Information