Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you renewed your health insurance for 2015?

My employer provided insurance went up $2 /paycheck for my part of the premium. No changes to coverage. Last year went up a bit more than that.

Interesting point about open enrollment not happening until after the election. I'm pretty sure that last year open enrollment started on October 15th in MA. Not that it changes anything for me.
    The brain is wider than the sky. -- Emily Dickinson

Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post
    Yeah, that and, you know, that's usually when open enrollment starts...always. But hey, points to you for TRYING to make it political.
    (GEE, are we already giving up on blaming ebola on Obama?)
    last years sign ups started October, 1, well that was if you could get the web sight to work. this year it's put off till after the election, of coarse its political.

Yes. Just like rick Scott's agreement to postpone an execution so that Bondi could have a fundraiser. Everything's political. Let's revisit once next year's pricing he come out. Then we can decide if the increase (if there is one) is significant enough to have been political.

It looks like we will be getting our health insurance from Costco (of all places!) when we move to Oregon. The ACA is still all screwy there. I currently have Kaiser, which is not available in Ashland. I get auto insurance at Costco, and they have been great with all kinds of electronics and computers, so I hope they come through with the health insurance too.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    It looks like we will be getting our health insurance from Costco (of all places!) when we move to Oregon. The ACA is still all screwy there. I currently have Kaiser, which is not available in Ashland. I get auto insurance at Costco, and they have been great with all kinds of electronics and computers, so I hope they come through with the health insurance too.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    I'd be interested to know. Coincidentally just got email yesterday from costco that they carry health insurance, but when I went to the link, curious about the cost, no matter what date I put in it told me I had missed the deadline. Not an auspicious beginning.

My government retiree insurance went up by about $50/month so now we pay $10,000 year. It goes up in July abut every 2 years-sometimes yearly.

My work-based insurance went up 2 - 3 %. 17% was the starting number but our HR guy (who always makes a hero of himself when telling the tale) got it down to this small increase.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...g-to-happen/2/

The data are starting to come in. Of the 41 states where data is made available the median increase in premium for ACA policies is 4%. Competition is also increasing, with the number of insurers offering coverage increasing by 26%. Lastly, insurers that had the highest prices in 2014 are the most likely to be reducing premiums for 2015, and vice versatile, suggesting that competition between the insurers is working pretty much the way it should.

We switched over to United Health Care in July, since it was a much more affordable plan, since my DH owns a small business. And it was nice that the deductible was $3,000 instead of Anthem's usual $6,000.
    We had some glitches though that took a lot of phone/email time, but they are worked out now I think.........just in time for us to go on Medicare at the beginning of the year. (I can't believe I'll be 65! When the heck did that happen?).

Thread Information