Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do YOU use Pinterest?

I have a part-time business as a professional organizer, so I use it to save ideas for that.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I don't use it at all but my wife does. She collects pins of things that "Alan will build/make for me when he retires". I hope Pinterest crashes soon....I'm running outta time.
    ) hhaha that is funny. But there's a certain truth: women use pinterest almost twice as much as men do.

I use it as a visual search engine, and bookmark things with it. Not all web pages - just those things that are faster to search visually... such as gardening, crafts, cooking. For instance, if I am looking for a way to design a trellis for raspberries, it is much more efficient to search images on Pinterest than to click on 20 different worded links on a traditional search engine.

Do I use everything I pin? No, but it's far more efficient than printing out all the recipes I might like to try, or bookmarking 10 different raised bed designs in my browser using words only (which would require me to again visit each one to see how they differ).

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
    I use it as a visual search engine, and bookmark things with it. Not all web pages - just those things that are faster to search visually... such as gardening, crafts, cooking. For instance, if I am looking for a way to design a trellis for raspberries, it is much more efficient to search images on Pinterest than to click on 20 different worded links on a traditional search engine. ..
    But you can always use the "image" search of Google, that's what I do. I guess that's why I don't use Pinterest. I'm a fairly visual person and I use that Google image search multiple times weekly. I assume that it's a broader search than Pinterest, but then, I don't really know how Pinterest gets original content.

But then, I know from experience that Google image search doesn't pick up all images, not sure why. It doesn't, for instance, pick up images in Dave's Garden where the single image of a lily cultivar that exists on the internet may reside.

About every 3 months I hit pinterest for a few days and collect things to boards. Most of my boards are private and I don't follow anyone. I have pulled it up and followed through on a couple of recipes I wanted to try this last week.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I love it, no need to have magazines or buy new cookbooks with only a few recipes you like. I pin all sorts of things, basically made my own cookbooks with recipes that all look good, was able to put together what I wanted for my new kitchen without buying books and cutting up magazines and catalogues. Have found tons of recipes for homemade beauty products and non toxic cleaning supplies. Tons of frugal ideas.

a huge time waste for sure but better than free cell and Facebook.

I enjoy the kaleidoscope of color images on Pinterest. The novelty has not yet worn off, since I only started using it recently. Another good thing about is the site is the lack of advertising.

Does anyone know how they support the site? There is not much personal data for them to sell.

My boards on Pinterest are private, and I've only pinned a few dozen images so far.

I've never been on the site. I use Ravelry for knitting. I like their patterns, and it's great for getting advice from talented knitters. I also try to help the new knitters there if they don't understand a pattern or technique. I try not to spend too much time on the Internet...

I know I'm late to the party here, but I love pinterest! I do spend too much time on it though. Over this holiday season with my crazy work hours I have been so tired that it is my go to relaxation.

I look for a lot of recipes on there. I like to try new recipes all the time. The vegan chili recipe I used on Friday came from pinterest.

Yesterday I spent time looking for items I can make over the course of this year that can be used as stocking stuffers so I will be more prepared and spend less last minute cash.

Thanks to pinterest I found a new style of decorating for Christmas that really makes me happy. I had no idea I loved the Scandinavian look!

I use it for gardening ideas. Lots of tips and tricks that are useful in every area of life. Use it to plan trips. And it may sound silly but my favorite board is all things blue. It makes me ridiculously happy to look over those images all in one place.

I just noticed that you can now move pins around. I have not tried it yet but that had been my biggest issue with pinterest. That you had no control of where the pins were within a particular board. So if this works I will be thrilled.

I use it a lot for art tutorials that I want to save and for inspiration. I paint greeting cards regularly and often need fresh ideas for words, quotes, typography. Love that site.

Thread Information