One thing to consider with supplements is that many or most of them have benefits only as long as you are taking them. Unlike, say a regime of antibiotics, where you take them and then are cured and done. For some of them, that can be expensive over the long run. I'd probably also be leery of anything that somewhat directly manipulates hormonal levels. I just don't think we know enough about the potential risks, but I may be uneducatedly over cautious.

For many years I've started the day with a protein shake with greens and maybe fruit. I've generally added or bought the pre-mixed shakes that have probiotics, digestive enzymes, and mineral supplements. I've just started taking tumeric and have taken fish oil for a long time. That is about the most logical course for supplements to me, and it also seems like a relatively natural approach. I usually have plenty of energy, am healthy, and feel good. I don't know how much the supplements help, but there seems to be some established science behind each rather than just a new trend. They are also within reason dollar wise.