Thread: Today's Homeowner success. Cleaning crud BETWEEN glass on door of stove

Today's Homeowner success. Cleaning crud BETWEEN glass on door of stove

Based on Blackdog Lin's post decided to post this as well.

I have set up Today's Homeowner as a series to record on the DVR.... have learned basic things that i DIDN'T know could be done. Who knew that the bottom of the oven door was open so you could take a straightened coat hanger that has a glass cleaning wipe knotted to it and go up and down to wipe up the streaks between the glass!!! It worked great! We removed the bottom drawer to make it easier to get at but it is AMAZING. We were contemplating getting rid of the stove because it looked so bad. Not now... it looks like new!

Wow. Now I need to add "find wire coat hanger" to my list.
    I've been upset about the dirty between the glass marks on my stove window for several years now.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thanks frugal-one. Now that I'm getting the top of my stove looking so nice, it has inspired me to get the whole thing cleaned up. I will definitely be trying your tip.

cool, i have a dried line of milk down the middle of mine. lol.

Hi frugal, where do you get this program from? Is it on TV? Glad you got you oven door cleaned so easily!

Quote Originally Posted by Tussiemussies View Post
    Hi frugal, where do you get this program from? Is it on TV? Glad you got you oven door cleaned so easily!
    Here is the info.. I get the program from my local tv.... Pehaps, you can see if it shown in your area???

http://www.todayshomeowner.com/television/

Brilliant tip frugal-one!!! I had to get up and check my oven door, and yes it does have a large opening at the bottom. Who knew, indeed!

Yeah, it's funny how hard wire coat hangers are to find anymore. I haven't seen one for ages and I don't have any in my closet. I mean I don't really like them, but they have their uses. Used to be you could always grab one. Now I have none.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiam View Post
    Yeah, it's funny how hard wire coat hangers are to find anymore. I haven't seen one for ages and I don't have any in my closet. I mean I don't really like them, but they have their uses. Used to be you could always grab one. Now I have none.
    I have some good news for you, Tiam. For those who like wire coat hangers and are VERY Patriotic, the same brand of wire coat hangers are sold at Walmart and Dollar General, and guess what--they are Made In USA! Available in any color you like, as long as it's white. A package of 10 costs well under $2. As you know, coat hangers can come in handy for other things--such as a repair material that is right up there was duct tape in its usefulness. Also, I've devised an ingenious a Cat Toy out of a wire hanger that is unbent, with a boot lace tied to one end of it. Patent pending, of course.

i recycle so many wire hangers. my wife gets uniforms at work and thats what they come on.

Thread Information