Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Draggies

It must be something about the transition from long to short days, because the incredible fatigue and sleepiness is gone now. Seems like it's confined to November and doesn't carry into Decemeber That's why I'm sure it's not SAD, it's more like a shock to the body and body trying to adjust to it. I'm not able to right now, because I'm having to do travel trips throughout the day in my car, but hopefully I will be done with that and I would like to try riding my bike again. The dark is the hard part, but I think the ride in the cold will be exhilarating and feel good.

Old thread, but I'm feeling the "draggies" now.

I think it has more to do with stuff going on in my life than sleep/nutrition/light - but of course all those things play a part.

I'm still very happy about our move, but the first rush has worn off. And the unpacking goes on and on. I'm unpacking slowly and with a purpose - I'm being very careful about selecting "homes" for items, and getting rid of things even after we packed and moved them. I'd sure like that to be over!

I'm also at a stage in my new job where it's no longer all new and exciting, yet I still have lots to learn (and mistakes to make.)

My dog dying also has me crying a couple of times a day; sometimes I feel better afterwards - often I just want to lie around with our remaining dog and snuggle.

I'm trying hard to keep my fitness routine going. I've yet to find a yoga teacher who works for me, so I'm doing solo practice, which takes a lot of motivation. I have also not been eating as well as I usually do - definitely room for improvement there.

When we first moved I was so caught up in the excitement that everything seemed easy and fun - I'd like to maintain that! But I think I'm moving toward developing routines and habits that work for me. I guess it's inevitable to have routines; I really don't want them to become ruts.

As I'm writing I'm thinking that I need a little break for a day or two - not necessarily away, but a break of some kind. I'll have to think about this. Maybe just giving myself a day to take photographs, play guitar, write - to live the life I'll eventually have once the moving is done. Anything to get my head out of the boxes, house cleaning, and my mind off my dog.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

You have been through a lot! I think your prescription is ideal, a little time to distance and renew yourself and get some fresh energy. I'm amazed that moving still seems to be going on in my life two years after buying this house. Each week brings something that feels out of the ordinary and disruptive, and it can be really exhausting after a while, even the fun stuff can start to seem like an imposition. I get resentful toward the weather!

The unpacking will wait. The cleaning will wait. Even the grieving will wait, if you want it to. Have a Gardenarian Day.

TWO YEARS?? oh my.
    Yep, better take that break now and remember why we wanted to move in the first place. Thanks kib!

Thread Information