Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No good deed goes unpunished........a vent

Thanks rodeosweetheart, but I have to admit, I didn't do it with a kind heart.......so I don't think I will get many good karma points.

ah, no, CathyA.......doing it when you DON'T have a kind heart, but do it anyway because it is the right thing to do, even if it hurts actually probably incurs BETTER karma. Not to worry.

It's how you act when no one is looking, when you do the right thing because it's the right thing, instead of because you love the person and want to help....THAT'S where the "rubber meets the road".

Nope....your karma probably took a few steps UP just because you did the right thing, even when your heart wasn't in it. ;-)

rodeosweetheart
    I agree with LC! Definitely better karma!

Around 2000, I spent one entire summer (not really, just once a day or so.....), in my closet, crying, over having to deal with MIL's health and financial issues. DH was estranged from her and wouldn't deal with it, his sister was estranged and wouldn't deal with it, and his brother is handicapped. If anything was gonna get done it was up to me, so I stepped up and got s*** done..... and cried in the closet at least once a day for 3 months. BUT I DIDN'T SIGN FOR ANYTHING. Along with having a dysfunctional teenager at the time, who at this point in time is a drug-free but strange non-conventional-living young man.....

You can and will get through this, and life can and will be good again. I am living proof of this. It just sucks in the meantime. What goes around comes around, and blessings WILL come your way.....

Cathy, I've helped family members deal with the IRS and their interest rates can be quite reasonable when you are upfront with them from the beginning. They can be impossible to deal with once you are behind but they were very reasonable when someone acknowledged that they owed money and could not afford to pay all at once. Just my experience.

Thanks everyone!
    Its good to know that I might still get "good Karma points" for it!
    My heart goes out to all of you who might have to deal with situations like this.
    All of your replies were definitely appreciated!

Blackdog, you reminded me of how upset I get at those 'just do it' messages. I have had my fair share of 'just do it' moments and I have to say I was about like you. I spent months and months and really cried a lot but I got through it. I wish that the reality of 'just do it' was more realistic.

Thread Information