Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: no one is mentioning Thanksgiving here yet. what's that all about?

We went to friends for a potluck and although it was a great get-together, a little planning would have been useful. The repast for 10 consisted of ice water (the people bringing the booze changed their minds without telling anyone and brought a pie instead), turkey, ham, an upturned can of cranberry sauce and a small butternut squash, plus three pies.

(The turkey came from our household and it was really good, thank you early morning and Catherine!)

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    And I am not a person prone to hyperbole at all. Someday I'll tell you about the Christmas 8 of us decided to spend the holiday in Florida, where DS20 was working at a golf course, and the dog walker canceled at midnight before the day we were to leave (at 5:30am), there was an ice storm that day, we missed our Christmas Eve flight, my MIL and BIL got an infectious flu which required us to quarantine the two of them one of the $500/night hotel rooms while the other 6 of us shared the other room, and DH sunk a sunfish in the hotel lake. And that's just the teaser.
    Oh catherine!! You should write a book!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I spent part of the day with my Mom and had the traditional turkey dinner and when I finished cleaning up we had a visit for awhile and then I went over to my boyfriend's apartment, where he was making chicken mole. I never knew mole was such a complex sauce to make - but it was amazing. Absolutely amazing. I haven't weighed myself yet but I'm sure I've gained at least three pounds from Thanksgiving this year. It was also nice when his parents arrived and his sister and her husband arrived everything just felt comfortable. I really appreciated their acceptance of me, and on more than just one level. There's something else to be grateful for. Rob

Sounds like a perfect day, Rob. So glad you had a nice meeting of his relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Sounds like a perfect day, Rob. So glad you had a nice meeting of his relatives.
    Thank You, Cathy. It was a very good day, yes indeed. Rob

Rob, doesn't mole include some sort of chocolate? Or am I thinking of something else?

Glad you had a nice day with the SO's family.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Rob, doesn't mole include some sort of chocolate? Or am I thinking of something else?

Glad you had a nice day with the SO's family.
    Yes, chocolate and a number of spices and it's quite complex to make - and much better home made than the mole you buy in Hispanic grocery stores out of a jar.

Thanks for the kind words about spending time with his family, Tradd. I appreciate it. Rob

I'm recovering from surgery and so DH and I were very touched when our neighbors brought us two large plates piled high with Thanksgiving dinner. The food was wonderful and we so appreciated our neighbors' kindness, especially since we barely know them...

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
    I'm recovering from surgery and so DH and I were very touched when our neighbors brought us two large plates piled high with Thanksgiving dinner. The food was wonderful and we so appreciated our neighbors' kindness, especially since we barely know them...
    Thank you for sharing this! I love hearing things like this. Rob

Thread Information