Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: awakened soul

awakened soul

Hi there, just wondering if you are okay, my husband told me just now how horrible So. CA is being hit with hard storms. Please let us know how you are....Chris

Hope all is okay too!

Bump, another person who is concerned about you...

Hi Guys,

Thanks Tussiemussies, CathyA, and Aqua Blue. Yeah, my cottage was flooded. It's not as bad as I thought. I woke up at 4:00 a.m. the morning of the storm and the carpet in my living room was soaked. At first I thought the roof was leaking. It turns out the rain was so fast and furious that instead of the water flowing down the street, it dumped into my yard and my next door neighbor's yard. (We're at the bottom of the hill in a flood zone.) I bailed out about a bucket of water inside of my front door.

At 8:00 a.m. I called the feed store around the corner. They came right over and delivered 6 bales of straw to me. I spread that out in front, and things seem to be okay now. I didn't have Internet until yesterday.

The carpet is slowly drying out. I think it may be salvageable. I talked with the owner of the carpet store where I bought it. She said to just keep putting towels on it, and walking on them. I've got a fan on it, and the heater is on, too.

We had a little rain last night, but it was lighter. My neighbor's house has mud everywhere. I think because I landscaped my yard and left down mulch, I fared much better. The soil is so dry that it's not absorbing the water like it normally would.

How's everyone else doing?

rodeosweetheart
    Glad to hear you are okay and the house okay too! If you can get some stuff to put down on the carpet as it dries, it may help it from developing any mold or mildew- I know Servicemaster did this once for our house; maybe something like borax?

A little wet carpet is not too bad but keep checking your baseboards and drywall if you have it. Sorry you got wet but glad it wasn't worse.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Sorry to hear that. Flooding is far worse in it's effects that people might think. Hope you recover, soon.

Sorry to hear about your flooding! I hope there's no permanent damage. Have you talked to your insurance company? You sure don't want to get any mold.

We had a bit of flooding in our walk-out basement, but we'd already removed the carpet from the last time this happened.
    Last night there was a black-out. I was on my way home from work when there was a blinding explosion of light down the street, and when I looked around, all the power was out. It lasted a few hours.
    The sky was so clear and bright without electricity.

Hi awakened, so very glad you are alright. I thought of you as soon as I heard the news.

So very sorry that your,rug got wet. Just wondering how the padding and flooring underneath will fair out.

Glad you have the internet back. Hope your neighbors are also alright.

Chris

So sorry Awakened. I've had a few basement floods, but it must be so much worse when it's your living space. I hope everything dries out OK for you.

Thread Information