Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Simple Pleasure

I walk my granddaughter from preschool to her daycare provider each W-F. (Her preschool is in my workplace) Today on the walk we stopped and "petted" some beautiful, vivid green moss on the sidewalk.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I love that at certain times during the day, I can hear the church bells from the town center playing a melody. It happened during my walk around the neighborhood today.
    Rebecca

Saddle up my traveling shoes, I'm bound to walk away these blues.

rodeosweetheart
    My mother called me using the number I programmed into her cell phone. It is hard for her to look up phone numbers and make phone calls, and it was wonderful that she could figure out how to use the phone to call me. We had a great, long, chat, and I treasure each time I get to talk to her.

I stopped by a fast food place to get a hot chocolate and spied a woman's wallet on the floor in the corner. I retrieved it and gave it to the manager for safekeeping. I felt glad I was able to rescue it for the owner.

(and maybe as a karmic thank-you, at my next stop at Kohls I found a dressy sweater vest on sale which will work perfectly for an outfit I needed for dinner at an upscale restaurant tomorrow night. I was invited as a guest and I'll be enjoying it even more knowing it's free..!)

We attended a community holiday potluck supper, with instrumental music and singing afterwards. There were little garlands of fresh fir and holly on each table. Everyone helped with the cleanup, too!

Today I took the bus to T.J. Maxx and bought a simple gift for my dad. I found a large tin or Walker's shortbread. He loves that. I took the bus to the post office, and mailed it fairly quickly. I walked back to the bus stop and took the bus home. It came about five mins. after I got there. I love it when the timing works out using public transportation.

I also spent the afternoon writing out Christmas cards to old friends. I found some beautiful vintage Santa cards at T.J.Maxx. I also picked up some festive tins for Christmas cookies at the dollar store. Those will be perfect to pass out to my neighbors...

Last night I wrapped Christmas gifts in the beautiful cloth bags I made 10 years ago. The stash of ribbons is mostly 8 years old and still in wonderful shape. The gift tags were recycled from the Christmas cards I received last year.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

rodeosweetheart
    Float, thank you for reminding me of my Christmas gift bags--I have not made them in years but they were awesome, should do it again!

Just reading a few of these posts on a quick break---is a simple pleasure. Thank you all!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    I walk my granddaughter from preschool to her daycare provider each W-F. (Her preschool is in my workplace) Today on the walk we stopped and "petted" some beautiful, vivid green moss on the sidewalk.
    I love that! Moss IS beautiful.

Thread Information