Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Retirement day!

Retirement day!

After 20 years working at the same wonderful library, today I retire.
    I'll miss my friends at work, and the students, but it's been time to move on for a while.

So today is the party, the farewells, the cleaning out of my stuff. I just can't believe it!
    On to the next stage of life!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Congratulations!! Excited for you! Best wishes!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

rodeosweetheart
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    After 20 years working at the same wonderful library, today I retire.
    I'll miss my friends at work, and the students, but it's been time to move on for a while.

So today is the party, the farewells, the cleaning out of my stuff. I just can't believe it!
    On to the next stage of life!
    Congratulations, I am sure this is a bittersweet event, but it's nice to commemorate such an important chapter in your life!

Congrats!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

As wonderful as it is, I'm sure you have a lot of emotions swirling around in your heart right now. Be in touch with them all, and then get on with the next wonderful chapter in your life.

Onward to Oregon! (Oregon, right?)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Retirement can be a wonderful thing! Best wishes, Gardenarian.

Yay, congratulations!
    Rebecca

Saddle up my traveling shoes, I'm bound to walk away these blues.

Yep, next stop Oregon!
    I'm looking forward to getting past the move. Right now there is so much going on in my life that I'm becoming a bit numb.
    Once we're settled I can stop and ponder the changes, the past, and the future.

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy your new town; my son has suggested I move to Ashland as he would like to live nearby and loves the area.

At the old downtown lirrarrary,( a Carnegie building which used to be the Main Library until the suburbanites hijacked the name for the new one way out in Suburbia), there is a plaque above a fireplace mantel commemorating a Lady who was a Lirrarrian there from 1910 until 1950. 40 years at the Lirrarry! I wonder what she did to occupy her time after she retired, besides tidy up her modest cottage & pett the cats? She prolly didn't fly to Hawaii for a Luauuawa, since Lirrians lived on a very meager income, back then. Prolly Church Suppers, and weeding her Petunias. Lirrrains now are PROFESSIONALS, with a PHDLS and draw a gubmint paycheck, "commensurate with their level of Education and Experience." I just know it. They can afford to spend a week in Helsinki or wherever, for no good reason other than they've only been there once before. Times have changed.

Thread Information