Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating a man 11 years younger...

Dating a man 11 years younger...

I am dating a man eleven years younger than I am. He pursued me. I've always dated men my age, or older. I'm 50. He's 38. He turns 39 in February.

I googled "dating a man eleven years younger" and the threads are hilarious! All the women say the same thing. Apparently the chemistry in the bedroom is the best they've ever had. We're still getting to know each other as friends. I have a feeling that what I've I've read is going to be true in our case, too.

His father married a woman 11 years older than he is. My father is eleven years older than my mother.

I don't really notice the age difference. He's been married and raised children, I haven't. He's got master energy when it comes to plumbing and repairs. (He's a plumber and worked in construction before that.) I love cooking and baking, and he loves to eat. He's in excellent shape and so am I. We both love animals and live simply.

Have you ever dated a younger man? Or for men, an older woman?

Quote Originally Posted by awakenedsoul View Post
    I am dating a man eleven years younger than I am. He pursued me. I've always dated men my age, or older. I'm 50. He's 38. He turns 39 in February.

I googled "dating a man eleven years younger" and the threads are hilarious! All the women say the same thing. Apparently the chemistry in the bedroom is the best they've ever had. We're still getting to know each other as friends. I have a feeling that what I've I've read is going to be true in our case, too.

His father married a woman 11 years older than he is. My father is eleven years older than my mother.

I don't really notice the age difference. He's been married and raised children, I haven't. He's got master energy when it comes to plumbing and repairs. (He's a plumber and worked in construction before that.) I love cooking and baking, and he loves to eat. He's in excellent shape and so am I. We both love animals and live simply.

Have you ever dated a younger man? Or for men, an older woman?
    My long term boyfriend was 10 years older than me. I still miss him. He'll be charging around climbing mountains and rafting rivers when I'm dead and gone. I always told him "you should get yourself a summer girlfriend who will go with you, I'll be your winter/fall girlfriend for the more sedate activities." haha. He retired as early as he could and it still annoys me that he beat me at that game.

I am clapping for you!

rodeosweetheart
    How lovely, Awakened! My brother's wife is 15 years older than he and they have been together happily since 1977. My cousin's second husband is 12 or 13 years younger than she. Certainly many happy relationships with that age differential, and you sound extremely compatible.

My husband is five years younger than I am. I do notice a difference in maturity level that can be a little tiring at times, but his energy and enthusiasm outshines mine, which helps to keep me going in new directions. If I'm not paying attention I can find myself falling into a Mommy role that I don't like, but that is something I have to control on my end, not an intrinsic flaw in the relationship. Have Fun!

My son's father is 8 years younger than moi. I felt no difference, he is an old soul and in many ways seems older than me.

I dated a man 12 years younger than I until one day we were looking at magazines and there was a Look magazine, JFK assasination memorial edition and he said 'I remember reading about that' (as he was not born yet when JFK was assasinated) and I thought 'I remember it'. Right then I realized we had little in common. Maybe as he matured (he was 22 at the time) it would have gotten better but we went our separate ways. It was a fun part of my life to relate to people. My husband is 5 years younger than I am but we were older when we married and it works just fine.

My hubby is 5 years younger then me but we met when he was 39 & me 44 so really did not matter. Before that I was married to someone 9 years older then me. It didn't matter then either. Have fun!

Just wondering: If age doesn't matter, then why are you kids making an issue of it? I detect some gloating. I don't see any threads here, where you ladies are discussing how much LESS your husband weighs than you. Could you open up and discuss that subject? After I moved to the hills, I continued to subscribe to the newspaper, and read the public records page, like I did in that littlebitty town waaay up north. They even published who bought a new car, in that smalllll village! Anyway, after I'd lived here a couple years, I'd noticed quite a few marriage licenses betwwen younger guys/older wimmin. Say, 35/45. Even 25/45. Ewww. I asked a co-worker, who had lived in the area quite awhile, (though originally from KC)about it. He said the attraction was: The wummun usually had equity in a decent house(via a prior marriage), and a nice car(via a steady job), and the studly guy, burdened with back child support and a bad credit history due to unstable employment, needed to raise his standard of living & have a little security. Driving a junker, living in an apartment & being broke all the time, did not cut it. He really did not "qualify" for a high-maintenance, pretty young wummun, either. Further investigation revealed that my co-worker was right on. See? You can deny it if you want, but that is usually(there's your loophole)the way it is. Hope that helps you some.
    Last edited by Packy; 12-28-14 at 3:26pm.

I had a friend, who while born in the US, was from a very traditional Filipino family. Her mom always said (and to me, too) that women should marry someone five years younger then them, since the men will die earlier, anyway.

My sister was 7-years older than her 3rd (and most recent) husband, and they were married for 30-years. Where this has been a problem is when she signed up for Social Security. She will have to wait until her Ex. (the higher wage earner) is 62 (in 2017) before she can receive a higher amount based on his S.S.

Thread Information