Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How old of a computer are you still running?

Very impressive setup, Al. I suppose you need all that to keep track of Football Stats, right?

Good lord Alan, you DO like home computing equipment!

DH uses a lap[top that has a broken connection between screen and base. He has to hold it at an angle to see it. I suppose it's from around 2006 since it runs MS Vista. I'm trying to convince him to jettison that thang and adopt a used IPad from our friend. He can pick up email and play games using the IPad.

Ours is at least 10 years old. DH has been working on transferring everything to a new model. But dang, I'll have to relearn everything.

I had to get a new one last year but my hubby is still using his acer from 2008.

My laptop if from 2009 and still runs fine.

I had a 9 yr old MacBook that only ever needed the DVD drive replaced, which the did for free which makes no sense, the laptop was old, very nice of them. Also replaced IDK hard drive or something, less than $200. That was my first Mac and it lasted double as long as Windows ones I'd had, IMHO

I replaced it with the oldest macbook pro they have because it is the only one left with with DVD drive. I use that to watch foreign film, only way i can read subtitles. I upped the storage space (I know this is not the right word) to 1tb. I did sign up for One to One mainly because I had a mess, a 9yr old laptop that would occasionally power up, a time machine external drive and an external drive set up by my brother to direct all iTunes and iPhoto there. PITA. But Apple is teaching me how to keep this one organized and Im learning a lot

I just retired my 8-year-old MacBook Pro from daily personal use; it will become a music server on the network because it still works but the various bits have worn enough that more carrying around just is not advisable. I replaced it with a "new" year-old MacBook Pro which I'm guessing will serve another 8 years or so before it is redeployed.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I have a really old iBook that I use only for writing - no internet disruption.

It has one USB port, so I can save my writing and transfer it to a more up-to-date machine. For simple word processing, it's terrific.

It also has a cd/dvd player that has come in pretty handy.

Built like a tank.

I have an old (7 years?) Acer that I keep for the drive to play my DVD's but am using a Macbook Air for the day to day that I bought last fall.

Ipad that is nearly three years old, husband has one that is about 18 months, and a six months old Mac in the study. We barely use the big puter, but it looks pretty on the newly refurbished office desk!

Thread Information