Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
I did talk to my friend. She recommends Lufthansa airlines, and says to call their cargo department directly.

She few a dog from Spain for $1,600. It's going to be expensive, no matter what the deal. Inoculations within a specific time period is a requirement.

I'm glad the hysterical regulations in other countries against rabies have been relaxed. That said, I do actually know someone who had the full blown disease, rabies, here in St. Louis, in the suburbs. My friend's father saw a young cat, picked her up, and the cat went ballistic and bit him in several places. The cat was rabid. He was hospitalized and it was serious of course, but he lived and was fine after that ordeal.

Does anyone else know someone who had rabies?
Yes, I had a friend who was English by birth, adopted Swiss citizenship, and her son had rabies by playing with farm kittens-- 14 days of shots in the stomach, I think. That was in Switzerland.

I remember having a rabid dog come through our neighborhood one summer in Virginia; my dad got his shotgun and went out and shot it, all the children were rounded up first and kept inside--sort of like a Western.