Thread: Hello ....

Ali

Hello ....

Hello there, I'm joining from Wiltshire in the UK. I'm looking to simplify our lives and stumbled upon these forums whilst searching for suggestions/conversation etc. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all ��

ali

Welcome, Ali! It will be good to hear from you.

Please share some of your priorities for more simple living so that we can support your efforts.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Hi Ali,
    Welcome to the forum. Nice to have someone from the UK. I look forward to reading your posts...

Ali
    Thank you for the welcomes.

My priorities are, firstly I think, to unburden ourselves of unnecessary possessions. I'm really tidy and organised but my garage, attic and craft room are full of things I'm keeping "in case" or to reuse. I feel weighed down by the "treasures" I've kept that remind me of my sons (25 and 18) so need to deal with those. I'm paring down everywhere, so just having two sets of measuring spoons instead of three, just two sets of linen napkins instead of four (and giving the others to charity not putting them into my craft room to reuse) etc.

Our long term aim is to remodel our kitchen and dining room into one room so we are going to save like mad this year which wouldn't be a problem if I wasnt always buying new clothes or homeware that I don't really need ... So I'm aiming to not buy unless we really need it.

And, most of all, I need to remember to be thankful for what we have rather than always striving for more .... I overlook that a lot.

Welcome!

Nice to have another UKer on here. My home city is Edinburgh, but I lived near Salisbury for a couple of years when I was a child. My Dad was in the Army and based at Bulford for a while.

Ali
    Quote Originally Posted by IshbelRobertson View Post
    Welcome!

Nice to have another UKer on here. My home city is Edinburgh, but I lived near Salisbury for a couple of years when I was a child. My Dad was in the Army and based at Bulford for a while.
    I live just around the corner from Bulford .....

Welcome Ali. I too have way too many "treasures." I look forward to getting to know you on the forums.

Welcome you will like it here...like so many others I too am in the process of using up and disposing of many treasures.

welcome!!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information