Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I received the most flattering email today.....

Very exciting to get that kind of validation from someone you respect! Congrats!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Cool! And well-deserved!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Good for you, Blackdog Lin. Sounds like there has been great feedback from others to that editor as well. Have fun with it!

That's really wonderful!

Why not take it seriously? Sounds like you already have a passion for cooking, an ability to put a repeatable recipe together, you have a big fan with 300,000+ fans backing him up so why not go for it?

What if even .333 % of those 300,000 fans bought your cookbook? That's a 1000 cookbooks! Plus a couple more from Simple Living

In your response email, ask him if he can connect you with someone who has successfully put together a cookbook.

Thank you all for the good wishes. And Happy New Year's Eve.

That's awesome Lin! When's dinner?
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

So great to be validated! Country cooking is big! Look what Paula Deen had done!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog Lin View Post
    .....from a big blog (300,000+ visits/week) that I have submitted an article or two and many recipes to. The editor actually sent me a personal note today, in response to one of my recipes submitted, in essence asking "why I've never done a cookbook of these recipes?" He said he loved posting them.

I still haven't composed a coherent answer to it - have to get that done tomorrow. I'm thinking the answer is (a) I never really thought about my old homestyle recipes being, oh, relevant, to today's cooking styles; and (b) I guess I never knew how to, even if it had occurred to me to do so.

But I am super flattered that he sent a personal note to ask. I'm sure it will go nowhere - but I'm kind of on cloud 9 tonight and thought y'all might share in my little excitement.
    Congrats BDL! Very cool and I think you should do it. I actually think that more and more people are looking for more down-to-earth cooking styles now more then ever. The "deconstructed fusion of rosemary and orange essence scented foam in truffle shavings" trend is interesting but gets old after awhile. I think people are longing for some real food recipes.

Thread Information