Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Purge 2015 January Declutter or 100 Items

I am in for sure Jan 01,2015.........I have been getting rid of stuff but, it has made me realize that there is a lot more that is weighing me down.
    --2 Christmas ornaments to charity
    --1 water filter to garbage
    --1 dimmer switch to charity (works but, had Ds change it out when he was here I dislike dimmer switches a lot)
    --2 stain and frayed tea towels to rag bag
    Total 6...it's a start more tomorrow

Ali
    I've worked through:

my clothes - several tops and a coat bagged up for charity shop, some to recycling.
    my son's clothes - as above.
    my makeup - unused nail varnish in a bag for my sister, unwanted items thrown away.
    the kitchen - new dinner service and serving dishes purchased, old mismatched items bagged up for charity shop (much more room in cupboard!). Various duplicate items bagged up for charity.
    my craft room - very much a work in progress. I've donated some items via Facebook free cycle sites. I've sold a big bag of felt and a box of fabric and removed two bags of "trash".

In the morning, my husband is taking three huge bags to the local charity shop and two to the recycling centre.

I'm really excited to simplify my craft space - my next project is to make three quilts using my sons' baby/toddler clothes. One for each of them and one for me - this will help clear them out of the attic.

--1 dimmer switch to charity (works but, had Ds change it out when he was here I dislike dimmer switches a lot)
    Jan02,2015
    --2 magazines to recycle
    --1 necklace to charity
    --1 container of fudge to garbage...lol...before I ate it.
    --1 large carry on bag to charity
    --1 old shelf coverings
    Total 12 todate

200 books and a few DVDs are sitting in boxes waiting to be collected by a charity. I still have lots of books and papers to get rid of and it's taking me ages.
    still decluttering my clothes, I have a shopping bag full that I am taking to the local charity shop when it reopens next week.

49. found yet another set of playing cards (still only want 2 in my stash)
    50.-53. sweaters unworn from son#1 to thrift-shop bag
    54.-60. some good jewelry items to my antique/flea booth
    61-62. 2 sets of silverplate to my booth
    63. live tree stand - I finally found an artificial tree I liked this year
    64-65. two christmas decor items to my booth
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Ali
    today has mostly been:

another bag of trash and half of one waiting to be filled
    some old pillows and a couple of blankets (one of which I've held onto since my youngest (now 18) was a baby - these will go to the local Dogs' Trust for bedding
    some card making items bagged up to be sold or gifted

I'm more than a little annoyed with the OH who was looking for something in our filing system today and complained about the amount of rubbish "we" keep. This was in the two sections that I've asked him several times to go through as it's all his banking/investment/pension paperwork ..... I've kept on top of the rest of it :-/

WEnt into my closet yesterday & decided to get rid of everything that was too big for me. I bought a new pic for a bathroom so getting rid of the one that was up. All together filled about 3 bags. My side of our walk in closet is half empty which feels good. Trying to get to the place that I wear everything in there. I forbid my dh to use my half of the closet because he loves to keep things long past when he should.

Another great day purging. I have no idea how many total items, but it was probably well over 200 (primarily due to recycling paper), but we took a car load of things to the Goodwill. Moved more of my bread-making things to the spare bed room for my brother, who is now into naturally-leavened breads and makes Artisan loaves. I used to teach classes on the subject and we're gluten-free, so bye-bye..... Every new empty space or shelf is such a relief!!!

TxZen
    4 necklaces
    bag of makeup
    photo frame
    1 small bag of misc. toys
    1 box of clothes- off to my sister
    1 bag of misc. items from the bathroom- about 12 items
    1 bag of clothing- 14 items
    1 bag of Christmas lights- 5 strings of lights
    1 bag of Christmas stuff- 8 misc. items

Recycled quite a bit and one big bag of trash out.

Jan02,2015
    --2 magazines to recycle
    --1 necklace to charity
    --1 container of fudge to garbage...lol...before I ate it.
    --1 large carry on bag to charity
    --1 old shelf coverings
    Total 12 todate
    Jan03--1 book....recycle
    --1 container of fudge...garbage I made too much and it is better in the garbage then in me....lol
    --1 winter to Dd
    --1 bag of paper to recycling
    Total 16

Thread Information