Thread: tasty food and lost 2 lbs

tasty food and lost 2 lbs

so i have been cooking stews on my work break, and going to the gym daily. today i made a stew with corn, red beans, winter squash, and jalapeños. the other day i made one with garbanzo beans, winter squash, stewed spicy tomatoes and spinach. tomorrow i think lentil soup and adding sweet potato or kale. i will have lunches all week as well. what is extra good because i tend to snack a lot while i am off work.

i need to decide on something for a potluck on monday, and i am not sure other people necessarily enjoy my type of food. f you have a brainstorm idea let me know.

I almost always brought a pasta salad for potlucks but a pan or muffins of cornbread would be good along with butter and maybe a veggie chili if you want to add more.

my potluck go-to

Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Pie
    http://keylimejuice.com/nellie-joes-key-lime-pie/
    it is the world's easiest, quickest, yummiest, transportable thing to make

kind of an odd thing to make in the middle of winter..... and weight loss not guaranteed
    my memories of Colorado mountains are that locals really start thinking about the tropics come mid-feb.

rodeosweetheart
    Somewhere along the line I stopped cooking for potlucks and starting getting either
    a cheesecake or two
    a loaf of bread with an spinach/artichoke dip

People seemed to like them, and it sure is easy.

i sent a text to one of my staff, i want something substantial i can eat (i.e. healthy and veggie) and i really don't eat sugar right now. So i decided on veggie chili with cheese and chips on the side to best accommodate all those 'normal' eaters. i don't know what this apparent normal is so i just ask someone who does not eat so much brown rice

I saw this Cauliflower Buffalo 'Wings' recipe tonight & thought of this thread.
    I haven't made it yet, so I can't testify if it's delish or not, but what 'normie' could say no to anything with Buffalo Sauce on it????

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6550268.html

what a good idea, i will have to try that in case i need to pass off food to normal types that i still think i would eat

on a side note i found kale and sausage frozen pizza today, i still got the spinach and artichoke one i love but very interesting idea.

Thread Information