Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Challenge: do one nice thing a day

Today I called a gal I met at a class a week ago. At the time, she told me she was fairly new to the area. I invited her to coffee and chat next week. She sounded thrilled! Made us both feel good!

Ali
    I'm so pleased I stumbled upon this thread. I'm trying to be more thoughtful .... Taking the time to say "thank you" properly is one of those ways. So, thanking my younger son (still living with us) for running the dishwasher without being asked, taking in the dust bin etc and making sure he knows we've noticed. I have my shopping delivered and I make sure i call Customer Services to thank the delivery drivers as appropriate. Emailing a "thank you" at work for each and every time somebody has helped me. Thanking people for their time and meaning it.

Hubby shoveled the walks and sidewalks all down our block. A neighbor ran up and thanked him for shoveling her parents walk and gave him a warm muffin. He just does it for exercise and to be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Today I called a gal I met at a class a week ago. At the time, she told me she was fairly new to the area. I invited her to coffee and chat next week. She sounded thrilled! Made us both feel good!
    Met with the gal today and we spent over 2 hours talking. It was really fun. I may have found a kindred spirit! It is amazing how much we have in common!

Met my now best friend when she sat down at a big quilt guild meeting and I said hi and started to talk to her. I knew what it was like to be ignored.

Met another friend over a small craigslist buy from her. We first met at Starbucks but now are good friends.

Today gave away $32 in coupons that I could not use. I gave them to total strangers. $5 at the grocery store, $12 at the flower place and $15 savings at Boston Store. Hope they pass it on!

This is a great thread and I'm going to challenge myself to come up with some items to contribute. One thing I've learned is to be freer with compliments. I'm kind of shy, so I have to nudge myself to step up & tell someone when I'm thinking something nice. It is always appreciated and always worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    In spirituality I posted my wonderful experience in Thailand. A Buddist country, they center their lives around respect, giving to the poor through offerings to the monks, and doing good.

i thought I would start a thread to challenge everyone to stop and think what they could do that day, in this moment to do good for others. What thing can you do today that is a kind or selfless act?

it is not a contest, just a place to inspire, give ideas and share our experiences so we can all grow.
    Nice idea. I'd like to join this challenge and also hear others "deeds" for inspiration.

I started sweeping the sidewalk in front of our house, and just kept going - did our whole block

Thread Information