Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Work slowdown by the police in NYC.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Pensions gave the middle class a decent retirement & it is sad to see many of those go away.
    I can see more and more that it's a blessing that I have lived the way I have and had the experiences that I have had. Long ago I realized that for me, there were two choices. Either work until I am dead or leave the US on what I have saved for somewhere less expensive so that I could have a season of rest. As things get more expensive and wages don't rise, I think this realization is going to hit more and more people. Luckily in my case anyway it won't be any great tragedy to flee, but I can understand where it might be a bitter pill to swallow for those who were once middle class and can't reach the middle class again. Rob

On my phone so I can't easily link to the article, but NYPD brass is now saying no vacation time, no sick time until officers begin issuing summons again for things like open containers of alcohol. Note, though: these are the sorts of things that bring in revenue. I thought that from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    ...NYPD brass is now saying no vacation time, no sick time until officers begin issuing summons again for things like open containers of alcohol.
    That should go over well with the union....

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Colorful crafts and marketplaces, family values, a tendency to a slower pace of life, more colorful surroundings as most of the world's poor can afford cheap paint - these would be examples. It doen't work for me that I am expected to accept the first without getting the second in return. Rob
    I can't imagine being so unhappy about my place of residence and not doing anything about it. You could move, you know:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyes View Post
    I can't imagine being so unhappy about my place of residence and not doing anything about it. You could move, you know:-)
    I wonder if it has something to do with the Mexican income requirements.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblog...ations-are-b/#

An applicant for Residente Permanente must show either the same 20,000 days minimum wage in investments or a monthly employment or pension income of 500 times the minimum wage. That would be $2,365 dollars per month of income. A married couple would require $3,548 per month of income.

Thread Information