Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DH's silly fashion comment

The recent trend of wearing not-opaque yoga "pants" out in public is, well, I don't quite have the right words. Clearly "pants" means something different these days.

I asked DH if males are distracted by all these form-fitting clothes and he said well YES!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    The recent trend of wearing not-opaque yoga "pants" out in public is, well, I don't quite have the right words. Clearly "pants" means something different these days.
    Indecent exposure, maybe?

I saw online some time back about some leggings being sold with tags that say "these are not pants". I shared it with DH, and it has now become an inside joke for us.

We frequently see poor silly women in public who obviously didn't read the tag, and are wearing leggings with a tight waist-high tee and I whisper to him "honey, she didn't read the tags" and we laugh and laugh, because yes, those are NOT pants.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I was advised at a session this past week that men set the fashion and women follow and have for years. Would that have anything do with the new trend?
    Okay what does this really mean ? I don't get it.

Fashion is weird. To even be confused if an item is a tight or pajamas? I have worn jeans my entire life since I begged for Levi's in 1974. Been through every style jeans since then, staying with Levi's mostly. Two years ago I was at a loss on what style to wear??? I am slim and fit, but 54, skinny jeans nobody would want to see me in. It is hard not to find cuts other the skinny or slim. I switched to Boyfriend cut, loose but not Baggie. Heavens I did not want Mom jeans! My stack of Levi's all looked dated to me. Last year I hardly worn jeans. Last month I bagged up too many jeans and dropped at goodwill. I guess my years of jeans are over.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Lol. A problem with some of these translucent pants is that if they fit correctly, they're not translucent at all. Cuddle Duds, for example, only become revealing when stretched to the snapping point. Which apparently some people don't realize when they are delighted to fit into a "Small".

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Okay what does this really mean ? I don't get it.
    That many designers are gay men? A lot of fashion trends originate on the street, so to speak, so if it ever was true, it's not so much anymore.

OK I'm guilty - I love leggings! But ONLY when worn with a really really long tunic style overshirt (ala the 1990's!) Yes, like boots too (UGH - LOTR's here I come!). To be honest I have kept wearing leggings as long as I can remember and can generally get away with them by wearing tennis shoes and calling them workout pants. I actually love that the style is back in as it is comfortable. But like ctg I prefer jeans. Hip hugger boot cut that are sooo untrendy now and hard to find. Also like her, have like the more baggy "boy friend" style. Those are so like the old Levi 501's my early teen years. Generally just live in shorts or yoga pants that are NOT see thru!

Spartana,

I picture a Eowyn avatar coming up.
    I haven't worn jeans in better then 20 years. A few years ago, I had a dicussion with a few people about how there were so many thinner thickness of jeans now (started out as the hole in them as fashion discussion), then when I was a kid, and we had things like Toughskins and corduroy pants.

Thread Information