Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DH's silly fashion comment

DH's silly fashion comment

Today DH asked me why so many women are dressed like elves. He was referring to the current trend of leggings and high boots. Made me laugh anyway...

TxZen
    LOL..I call them pirates.

Funny! My DH has commented on the trend but didn't call them elves.

Good observation, funny! Men can be quite astute in cutting to the chase on attire.

LOL!

I was advised at a session this past week that men set the fashion and women follow and have for years. Would that have anything do with the new trend?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I didn't even know this was the fashion. I'm so out of touch. Sounds like something I could wear, though. Maybe I could even knit some leggings. I love elves! I'll have to check it out.

Love it pinkytoe. My DH has also commented heavily - and unflatteringly - for several years on the boots/leggings fashion thing. So I made a point this fall to find a pair of skinny jeans (ain't gonna go leggings, no sirree, not this old lady) at Goodwill, and have been recently wearing them tucked into my old Uggs-like boots.

To his credit, he hasn't said a word about it yet. And yet, I'm only wearing them to get a (hopefully humorous) response out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I was advised at a session this past week that men set the fashion and women follow and have for years. Would that have anything do with the new trend?

Well, if you take The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings into account.

Some of the leggings look more like tights that would be under a dress. Some ladies just don't have the figure. But it is far better then the past many years of the "lounge" pants out in public I think. I got nice cable knit tights for winter, but wear them with sweater dresses. I love winter dressing.

Thread Information