Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to deal with terroists?

How to deal with terroists?

I've been thinking a lot about this. They seem to be in massive numbers and are popping up everywhere.
    How can we ever control their hatred/destruction/rampages? I know it's not an easy answer......so many complex parts to it.

They are like a cancer that is metastasizing. As long as people can come and go fairly freely/easily from country to county; as long as there is internet; as long as there are people with so much hatred in their hearts just looking for a way of expressing it, I'm a little pessimistic that we can get on top of this.

What do you think we might do to keep these horrible slaughters from happening?

TxZen
    I will say this...remember when the USS Cole was bombed (2000) then this happened and it was just a blip on the radar- no one was really overly concerned?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhas_of_Bamiyan

Look at the timeline since these incidents- they become bigger and more aggressive and I feel like we are all (globally) one step behind because we all (globally) have let it happen in the name of not wanting to offend a group of people who will stop at nothing NOTHING to terrorize this world. Those doing the terrorizing adapt quickly and are not afraid to do what needs to be done. Would we (globally) just as bad as them? I don't know how to answer that but I know I would rather stand up and fight than back down to anyone who wishes harm on people that is blatant and calculated.

Stopping them- straight forward- we need to grow a set, stop chasing our tail and being Politically correct- whatever that is, and get to gettin'. It's going to take a cooperative effort around the world as well as standing up and not tolerating it.

Assassinate their leaders. Destroy their facilities. Treat their funders as the enemies that they are. Set one faction against another. Be willing to pay the costs in blood and treasure that opposing tyranny has always imposed. Laugh at their preposterous ideologies. Recognize that no amount of appeasement will change their thinking.

I'm surprised the mainstream Muslim leaders have not come forward with a stronger statement condemning the extremists and discrediting their actions as a part of their religious teachings. Seems to me like that would go a long way. I noticed there is a movement in Germany to restrict Muslim immigration, which doesn't seem like a good solution.

TxZen.......I agree with you. We are trying to be too nice.....to reasonable, too civil with them. I think it's going to take some drastic things on our part........even if it means immigration restriction. I mean seriously. I think we are incredibly naive and, in this case, hindered by our notion of "give me your tired, your poor,......" We should be more concerned with quality and not quantity.
    I know we are bombing a lot of their supposed meeting places, but it's going to take more than that. And unfortunately, some civilians might be killed. We have a rather unreasonable notion of things in this country, because it's not had a war on our homeland.......because we have been mostly well-protected because of our laws.
    I don't know what the answer is......but it's time for the gloves to come off.

Rogar.........I've been hearing that a lot. I think one of the participants on one of the Sunday morning TV news shows said their silence was because they were afraid of the repercussions if they spoke out.
    This is such a mess.

What makes me sad is the loss of really old cultures.........France for example. I believe they have the biggest group of muslim immigrants anywhere and they are very poor.......and like many groups of immigrants these days, they don't really want to assimilate into the host culture. Shouldn't immigrants (at this point in time........not the early 1900's) have something to offer the U.S., other than poverty? But we're afraid of denying anyone anything for fear of looking unkind/politically incorrect/un-civilized. It's time to get some common sense. It's time to make a few changes to "The American Dream."

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I'm surprised the mainstream Muslim leaders have not come forward with a stronger statement condemning the extremists and discrediting their actions as a part of their religious teachings. Seems to me like that would go a long way. I noticed there is a movement in Germany to restrict Muslim immigration, which doesn't seem like a good solution.
    I was interested to see which moderate Muslim countries sent emissaries to Paris for the march in support of Charlie Hebdo. Egypt and Turkey did, among others.

However, the article I read about that was snide about both of those countries' hypocritical action in Paris since both of them regularly jail journalists for wrong-speak.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    This is a very good question and I'm going to be honest, I really don't have an answer for you. I believe that if someone wants to plot a terrorist act, it is going to be very hard to nip it in the bud before it starts. And I don't know what to make of Islam. I have something interesting to post here that ties into terrorism. It is possible that I may be visiting Austria again, as my mother wants to go home to her people to visit as she is not getting any younger, and she doesn't want to go alone. Due to the death of a close friend of our family, she can afford to go and is willing to pay for my way over. Not a small amount of money, airfares being what they are. She also wants to visit Madrid and also Tangier, Morocco, to buy some Moroccan crafts. Very nice rugs and nice elaborate metal crafts along with other functional goodies (in other words, not just junk, functional things you can use) are available there cheaper than in the US by far.

Then I realized Morocco is an Islamic country. This in and of itself does not deter me from going BUT I wonder how safe it is? Then I remember that I feel unsafe in my neighborhood at night due to the police here and I realize that innocence is gone and there is no complete safety anywhere these days. And that's my point, there is a new normal here that I believe we are stuck with, that being there is no complete safety anywhere. And unless there are some tragic headlines in Rabat or Casablanca or another Moroccan city before we go - we'll go to Morocco and take our chances. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Assassinate their leaders. Destroy their facilities. Treat their funders as the enemies that they are. Set one faction against another. Be willing to pay the costs in blood and treasure that opposing tyranny has always imposed. Laugh at their preposterous ideologies. Recognize that no amount of appeasement will change their thinking.
    Absolutely. We have to come down on them hard. We've been too nice. We need to quit the PC crap about being unable to profile possible terrorists because they're Muslim.

I saw this article this morning and smiled.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...f-live-TV.html

The Daily Wail is a racist, xenophobic, homophobic red top paper.

Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Kill them. Destroy where they come from. Kill their families and children. Kill any who lend them aid or shelter. Kill those who tolerate their presence. Render their lands uninhabitable.

Thread Information