Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DH is retired this week--I think!

DH is retired this week--I think!

So strange, but it appears that DH is --retired. It crept up on us.

We both were planning to jump ship in 2015, and then he decided to seek treatment for bone spurs in his arm and there will be a 6 week recovery. Gotta do that surgery NOW so that he'll be ready for gardening season. It was either: surgery this winter, or surgery next winter. So, now is the time, assuming he can get in to have that surgery performed.

He has only a few jobs lined up in the future and his customers will just have to find someone else.

For those who are not aware, DH works for himself and so has no boss or workplace to "leave." He is 60 years old.

Really!!!! Wow, best wishes to him (and you).

However, since he's self-employed, do you really think he'll stop cold turkey? Or will those little side jobs creep in once he's recovered?

I'm just imagining what your yard will look like when your DH has 24/7 to work on it!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yeah!! Your turn next and then mine.

Hope he heals up fast -- i bet he will go back to work after that! LOL!

Congrats to Mr. Iris Lily on pulling the plug earlier then expected. If I remember correctly he never planned on retiring at all but you did. Now it's your turn.

It happens that way sometimes. I backed into retirement as a dance teacher unexpectedly. (when the economy tanked.) It's usually due to an injury or sickness. I my case an inheritance gave me options. Glad to hear you are both in the position to do so. It's nice to know he will always have work as a safety net, if he wants to return to it in the future...

Good for Mr. IL! I hope the surgery goes well and he's back up and fixin' stuff on his own schedule.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Restless men can be dangerous...
    Congratulations to him!

Wishing you both all the best - and that you enjoy retirement at least half as much as I am! And of course good luck with his surgery.

Good luck to the both of you. I am sure you are well planned for retirement. Now hope you can work out your time together. There was a bit to much of that when hubby attempted early retirement for us

Thread Information